Make money online

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by MickyBobs, Aug 26, 2008.

1. MickyBobs

MickyBobs Nibble Poster

Hiya everyone, with this recession(you never hear it affecting her majesty, by the way)times are hard, so im looking at registering with a certain..What you say...erm online business thingy, so you got to pay a fee(i know the rule is to guard against this, but)it sounds legite, im just wandering if any of yours have come accross this one or others, and let me just say i still may go ahead with it, regardless of bad feedback, please only give opinions if they are....erm rounded(specific, not any personal greivencies).

Thank you for your feedback!

Oh yes, this is the link im looking into: freewebs.com/new-horizons/:eek:

WIP: Hoping to gain
  2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

I wouldn't touch anything of the sort, even with a 500 ft bargepole, especially something hosted on a free website. It looks totally unprofessional, will more than likely con you out of money and I whole-heartedly discourage using it.

Ever heard of the saying - "If it's too good to be true then it probably is"?

But at the end of the day, it's your choice I can only offer my opinion.

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Looks like a total scam to me. Don't do it. I'm tempted to remove the link because I don't feel CF should be "spamming" for such a dubious outfit. I'd prefer you do the "honors", MickeyBobs. However, if I come back in a little bit and the link is still there, I'll probably do away with it.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

First of all, they tell you its a job. Then they tell you they are selling you a step-by-step 'guide' to making thousands of pounds.

If it was a job, you wouldnt have to pay a fee for it.

I also agree with Qs, if it was legit, it wouldnt be hosted on a free webserver. Not to mention that, for an online company, their design isnt particularly good. I noticed a couple of instances where the text was cut off because of the margins.

Basically, from what I can see, what they are getting you to do, is fill out surveys, etc for ads. If you want to do that, head over to moneysavingexpert.com. I would point out that, if this was a legit way to get hundreds/thousands of pounds for virtually nothing. MSE would almost certainly have covered it. He does cover getting paid to click. Of which, he advises that its possible to get £20 a month for doing it.

I'm sorry mate, but if you put any of your money into it, you are going to find yourself feeling the credit crunch that little bit more. Might as well throw every penny of it down the drain.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  5. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

i've asked this question before and got told either sell things on here, fill in surveys here or try this

Grim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640
  6. MickyBobs

MickyBobs Nibble Poster

Thanks for the replies fellows, i take all this on board, especially what, i think it was tripwire said about there being spelling errors, or margin errors, your correct, but ive seen them sort of mistakes on legit sites.

In truth, it's only £30 ish pounds, but then again each gullible adds up, eh.And if you read what they say on thier site, it's pretty convincing, maybe theres 90% falsness in these sorts of ideas, but that leaves 10%!

I bet on the dragons den, the majority see an idea as a bad one, but one of em doesnt, and ends up being proven right.

Im not sure what ill do yet, but what did one of yours say, something about moneysavingsexpert.com, i'll check it out, i just want to make a quid or two LEGITIMATELY.::eek:

7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

That company certainly HAS found ways to make money online... off of people gullible enough to believe their spiel. Don't be a victim. But if you do decide to spend the money, be sure to tell us all about it... I hate hearing about people being taken advantage of, but it makes for interesting stories. :popcorn

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. MickyBobs

MickyBobs Nibble Poster

Yes yes, a lot of people are put off by online get quick machines, but im not looking for that particular dose of magic, i just want to have money in me pocket, to help me with this and that, whilst im still studying.

Someone on here mentioned moneysavingsexpert site, ive visited it(typed in the search box"make money")and currently looking into one or two ideas, but not rushing into anything, but it got mentioned on here, so is it all bad, or should i say "Are they all there to empty my piggy bank aswell".:eek:

9. Qs

MSE is independant, plus its sole aim is to help you save/make money. It's probably one of the most useful financial sites on the internet and I urge you to give it a go before throwing money away at con sites.

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  10. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Usually if you want some money you have to work for it - sometimes quite hard!

Why not take a part-time job as a barman? Or a newspaper deliverer (round here they are crying out for those).

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  11. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I'll give you some advice that will help you with having money in your pocket: by avoiding that site, you'll save £30. :thumbleft

No, no, I can't accept your money... please consider it a free service. 8)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  12. MickyBobs

MickyBobs Nibble Poster

Haha, love humour, one of thr geatest human characteristics.

Anyway thanks lads for advice(i think thats what it was)i appreciate it, ill keep looking at good & bad ideas!

For you that no me, im currently learning frames @ mo, not easy...well most of it ive cracked, but its a bit of a brain drencher.

Ill keep crackin on.
    :eek:

Thanks!

Ps: You see my icon, the one smashin is head against a supposed wall, well now you know how...I feel!

13. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Honestly, it doesn't seem like it is very legitimate to me. I would personally listen to what others have said so far, that's my opinion.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  14. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

Bait him. :twisted: You know its a scam. Setup a new googlemail account (they IP strip emails, keeps you safe). Use a fake name and all fake details, play him and waste his time. Wind him up, pretend you don't know what he is asking you to do etc. Its good fun, plus all the time he is wasting emailing you is time he is not spending scamming someone that may fall for it.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  15. Big Brotha

Big Brotha Bit Poster

16. Naive

Naive Byte Poster

I agree with the earlier mentioned quote "If it looks too good to be true, it usually is". In experience there is a way of making small amounts of money on selected survey sites (no plugs) I experimented with it in the past and generated a cool £15 a month for filling around 5hours worth of my time filling forms in. If you spent that time in a part time job you'd generate a lot more than that.

Quickest way to make money? good 'ol elbow grease :thumbleft

WIP: MCDST
  17. Qs

It was a good quote wasn't it? :p ^^ Naive sounds like he's right on the money here, get a part-time job. It's better excercise and better paid! :)