Made it

Discussion in 'A+' started by TurtleBot, Apr 18, 2005.

1. TurtleBot

TurtleBot Bit Poster

Omg i dont no wheather im lucky or just got hard questions,
    anyway i passed A+ core o/s :D passing score 505, Candidate score 505 :eek: . But a pass is a pass and im really chuffed with myself and looking forward to my cert coming in the post now.
    Imo core o/s was the more tricky than hardware which i got 629 on, but i thought i would have done better with o/s.

Cheers:)

Certifications: A+
  2. maverik

maverik Bit Poster

nice 1 m8, Im doing A+ through comttia. just wondered what score / percentage do u need to pass, and do you have any advise for the exams?
    :blink

Certifications: BTEC ND in Computer Studies. A+
  3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Nice one turtlebot - big congrats :clap

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. Taz69

Taz69 Byte Poster

Congrats :cheers

Hitting the nail on the head - like the style :D

Certifications: MCSE: S, MCSA:M, MCSA: S, Net+ & 70-284
    WIP: MCSA 2003 & MCSA:Messaging 2003
  5. shockuk

shockuk New Member

well done m8 im on the A+ at the moment hope i can pass my first time...
    ................................congrats...................................

6. tc27

tc27 Bit Poster

Well done, A+ is actually a harder exam than I imagined (as someone whos worked as a computer tech for a year), lots to remember.

Certifications: None....
    WIP: Seeing where my job takes me!
  7. TurtleBot

TurtleBot Bit Poster

Thx guys :D
    Quick question, does anyone use the A+logo on C.Vs business card etc?

Certifications: A+
  8. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Congratulations, TurtleBot. You da man...uh, turtle...uh whatever. :D

Like you said, a pass is a pass. To answer your question, no I've never used any logos. When I did freelance, I was always told by my recruiter to say I was an employee of whatever company hired me to do the work. I suppose if I was self employed, it might make a difference but most people seem to stop caring once you just tell them that you have the cert. No one has so much as asked me to produce a copy of it or even the certification number.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  9. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Nice one m8 "cold ones" all round then :alc

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  10. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Nice one Turtlebot on the pass well done :D as for using the logo's I've never used them but am thinking about creating a website with my CV online and would use the logo's on that. I don't use the logo on my CV but it states my certs on my business card though which is a waste of money as I don't deal with the general public (They make good roaches though :eek: ). Again well done...

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  11. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Well done on the pass mate.:thumbleft Now onto Network+?

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  12. maverik

maverik Bit Poster

Nice 1 m8 passing the A+. Can you say how much you payed for the exams, cos Im doing the comptia through e-careers.co.uk, which I think now is a 2 man band. £100+vat for the course, and for the A+ hardware/software exams its 1ner each + vat. that f*!*!!g stinks. I should of looked into it more. Still you live and learn. Good luck with the other courses. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get that bit of paper that says you can take apart a PC for less dosh?

Cheers
    Mav
    :ohmy

:x :)

Certifications: BTEC ND in Computer Studies. A+
  13. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Maverick try your local college/s for courses most will probably run some kind of IT tech course such as Cisco IT Essentials which is very similar to CompTIA's A+ course. To be honest to get a recognised certification then you will need to do something like the A+ or MCDST certs and they cost money both are two exams at £100 a pop. In general IT is an expensive thing to train for look at http://getcertified4less.com or http://www.examvouchers.com to get discounted vouchers. I've used both without any problem though some people have had problems with examvouchers.com. But rule of thumb is all good IT courses and exams are expensive.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011