Loving the Network +

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Georgiesickjitz, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Georgiesickjitz

Georgiesickjitz Byte Poster

Hi guys,
    Just a quick post to say im really getting into the network+. It is a real eye opener ,the most basic things we all take for granted when using our computers are all coming clear. Learning the CompTIA A+ and Network + has gave me such a thirst for knowledge,and im using parts of my brain that I havnt used since school. Is it sad, that I get excited when the kids go to bed,and I can get my studybooks and exam preps out.

I really want to say a massive THANK YOU to all that have helped me on this forum. Iam possitive I will still be coming back in 10 years time.

:biggrin

1 last thing This is my Network + Study material so far.

PFT productions videos: Watching videos is my favourite way of learning.I take a pen and pad and take lots of notes.Headphones in, then go into my own little world. The PFT video is perfect,its clear,organised and every video is quite short.this helped me as I have a very short attention span.

Boson Exam prep:I dont have too much of an opinion at the moment,as I have not used it much.I guess after purchasing it, i then found out it wasnt up to date,this put me off a little.

Ucertify Exam prep:Out of the two so far, Ucertify is in my opinion heads a shoulders better.The format is clean.I like all the study notes ,flashcards ,quizes etc.I feels like it has been really thought about.

Thanks and have a good day

Certifications: CompTIA A+,CompTIA Network
    WIP: CCNA
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I would recommend contacting Boson's Customer Service about your concerns. And please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Georgiesickjitz

Georgiesickjitz Byte Poster

Thankyou,to be honest i probably wont contact boson,iv found ucertify is really good.In regards to the Sercurity +,whats Boson like

Certifications: CompTIA A+,CompTIA Network
    WIP: CCNA
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

The Security+ product from Boson is current. It is an ExSim Max product, which means it has much better questions and detailed explanations.

There have been several reviews posted recently in the Security+ forums. So far, everyone loves it. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

This.

I used the Security+ ExSim Max in preparation for the exam (which I passed last week :D) and can vouch for its usefulness in preparing for the exam. It's also a good price too!

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA