Lotus Notes vs Exchange et al.

Discussion in 'Software' started by nugget, Mar 23, 2007.

1. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Nope and a few were disappointed :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  2. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Shame!

I guess that's why Mr Cheeks didn't wear his sunglasses8) :biggrin

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Quoted because it makes perfect common sense :biggrin

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  4. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

You guys are the reason that CF is number 1.

Zeb, the reason that the English is not so good is that over here it's learnt as a 3rd or even 4th language, so it's not quite perfect. Added to that it seems that most of the english taught here is American english and of course the spell checker and thesaurus is also American english too.

Sparky, I take it I will have to do it all, even though I have no idea of anything to do with IBM stuff.

UCM, thanks for the info mate. Thats the impression I have of Lotus Notes too. There has to be some problems with always being 1 or 2 generations behind.

Wizard, I really hope it won't come to that. I hate saying I told you so to anyone.

Thanks for all the help and advice folks. I'll keep you all informed as to how it all turns out. We have a management meeting tomorrow to present and discuss the IT strategy proposal.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Hope everything goes well mate. Perhaps suggest some training for all the IBM kit? :biggrin

On a more serious note is there *any* chance that the consultant will suggest somebody else to support the network as it is IBM based? :blink

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I have to be honest
    notes is definatly not 'backwards' or 'lagging behind' its a perfectly well maintained platform thats up to date and current, and as i've mentioned before has a few things that exchange doesnt (ofcourse the same can be said of exchange)

I cant answer your push email question mate, last time I used domino push email was barely breaking the news

Domino is a software app not an Operating system, it can be installed on Unix, Windows, Linux and some other platforms but its still an app not an OS

the HTC devices are nice, im looking to get a new one soon as my HTC Wizard is showing its age a bit

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  7. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

I stand corrected. :oops: Thanks for info Phoenix.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
  8. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Just another update. This could very well become a blog.:oops:

My CFO told me today that the consultant is out of action for the forseeable future as he's going into hospital for hip replacement surgery.

So, I was given the task to carry on with the project to evaluate all the options and make my proposal. :biggrin

Things are looking better now, just as long as I don't screw it up.:oops:

9. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Hehe this sounds like one of those out of the frying pan into the fire scenarios :D

10. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Holy double post batman!! :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  11. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Another senior moment mate?:blink

As the saying goes, if you don't want to get burnt don't play with fire. I think I threw fuel on the fire last week when I told him that I only have one milestone this year, to become the head of IT for the company.:twisted:

12. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Apparently so, or was it the hangover? - oh well, all fixed now i think :rolleyes: