Looking forward to 2012!

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by millsie, Dec 27, 2011.

1. millsie

millsie Byte Poster

Well hello all at CF, been a while since I have been on but wanted to share with you how my new networking career is getting on and to let you know my plans for self-development during 2012!

Its 3 months now since I joined the ISP I am working for, it is my first networking role and its going great, although tiring as I'm working shifts! But not only are they one of the largest SME providers to the public sector providing WAN services, but next year they are moving into the private sector and into new technologies such as SIP (voice) and have many other projects on the go which makes it a really exciting time to be working here :D

Anyways, one of the main technologies they use is MPLS which I will spend some time studying next year but also onto the biggie next, the CCNP!!

I already have my CCNA and network plus so I will now move it up to the next level if I can and start off with the routing exam for the CCNP, scary, but I'm looking forward to getting back to the studies.

I am going to self-study this time however, using a combination of CBT nuggets and the actual Cisco press books which you can now get for around 30 quid so thats great! So its looking like 2012 is going to be another fun packed study crazy time in my new career, but hopefully it will be well worth the effort for my 5 year plan, the 2 years so far have gone to plan, time to crack the next 3, yippee!

All the best and hope all had a merry crimbo and and even merrier new year!

Millsie:D

Certifications: N+, CCNA, MCDST
    WIP: CCNP route 642-902
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

All the best as I remember reading your post in the past as you've certainly worked hard and come a long way. Best wishes on your network career path and all the best for 2012:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell