Looking for some N+ tips

Discussion in 'Network+' started by pasledgehammer, Jan 2, 2006.

1. pasledgehammer

pasledgehammer Bit Poster

Hey all its been awhile since i posted, been quite busy irl. Since i passed the A+ ive been on and off studying N+, really wanted to get down to it in the next 2 weeks.

I've read David Groths book twice in the last couple of months (thats on and off study) and have info stuck all over my moniter like port numbers and such :biggrin

Atm im at about the 60-70% mark on random tests, and im thinking 80-90% would be a safe bet for booking and taking the exam.

Money is a bit tight atm and with the exam fee im a little stuck for cash for more resources, but im mainly after some tips, wondering if anyone has any good study ideas?

Reading doesn't make the grade, thats probably why im 60-70% atm, i take notes & probably a few days befoe the exam i will do some memorising of tables like i did with IRQ's and such for A+.

So if you have any tips i would be very grateful, i think my weakest area atm is NOS's, probably because ive never used em.

Thanks

Certifications: ECDL, A+
    WIP: N+, MCSA
  2. arisen

arisen Byte Poster

You should really try to swing the money to get yourself some testing software, try exam cram network+ n10-003 practice questions book and cd, for just over a tenner, here

Thats the cheap option, helped me quite a bit. Of course if you had the dosh, you should really buy the transcender .

Good luck!

Certifications: BEng, PRINCE2, ITIL, Net+
    WIP: MSc, Linux+ 2009, RHCE
  3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

If you can find the cash you might get the Meyers book. IMHO it had the edge over the Groth book. And it comes with a set of tests on a CD.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  4. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Yeah, i'll second that.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  5. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Know your OSI.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  6. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

Inside, outside, upside, downside, vertically, horizontally, diagonally, frontwards and backwards.

Did I miss anything?

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  7. pasledgehammer

pasledgehammer Bit Poster

Thanks for the advice.

just purchased exam cram network+ n10-003.

Gonna try get the exam done by the end of Jan, will update with the results after that. :biggrin

Certifications: ECDL, A+
    WIP: N+, MCSA