Looking for general help

Discussion in 'A+' started by Innocent, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Innocent

Innocent New Member

I've been studying for my A+ 902 cert for awhile. I finally felt confident enough to take the exam and I failed by about 50 points. I've been using the gtslearning digital books, Certblaster practice tests, and Professor Messer's videos. Though I feel like I've learned a good bit of the material I'm struggling to make it stick. Any advice from study tips to recommendations on books/videos or any other materials would be greatly appreciated.

2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Been ages since I studied for the A+ but the Mike Myers book did the job....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Comptia-Ce...1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1548799645&sr=8-2&keywords=A+

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

Bad luck on not passing, have you tried writing flash cards with details to help them stick in your mind.

Certifications: A few.
  4. Innocent

Innocent New Member

I'll take a look at that book, I've seen it mentioned in a few other threads as well.

I've never been very good with flash cards, even several hours/days of practice with a set doesn't help, though I'll be making some new ones. I never picked up good study habits from school and am now struggling with most material that can't be learned in a read or two.

Thank you for the replies.