London Borough of RedBidge

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Shinx2k6, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Shinx2k6

Shinx2k6 Bit Poster

hi guys

I got an Service desk analyst interview comin up in Ilford (lasting 45mins max), and I was hoping if you guys could tell me the types of questions that i should expect. The company it self is quite large does have large agents and clients.

The job description and the job is provided via an agency named Badenoch & Clark. Here is the specs:

1- Helpdesk Analyst.
    2- Strong people, communication and phone skills.
    3- At least 1 year of Helpdesk experience taking and resolving incidents.
    4- Able to use an ACD (Automatic Call Distributor) system and Incident management software.
    5- Good problem solver.
    6- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft desktop (XP and W2K) environment and experience of administering - Exchange 2003 and Active Directory.
    7- Understanding of LAN networks and basic phone network knowledge.
    8- Proven ability to cope with a wide range of systems and software by adapting quickly.
    9- Intelligent and fast learner. Comments Comments This helpdesk does not simply log calls.

I have a brief idea about the system being used, but neva really used ACD before, only analogue and some digital form of call logging. Sounds like an automated call logging application which has supervisory interventions :O.

I'm just not sure what kind of questions would come up...if guys have ideas please by all means share them.

Thanks guys

2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

They could ask you anything to do with whats in the job description.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Heh. Very blunt, but very correct.

Read the job description and try to second guess potential questions. We won't be able to tell you what specifically they ask.

Just try and stay confident! The best of luck!

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  4. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Oh, and be honest. If you don't know an answer, then tell them you don't know. Obviously, you can suggest what you might do in a scenario, based on experiences with other systems, but explain the reasons for your suggestion too.