Linux Knowledge Base and Tutorial

Discussion in 'Linux / Unix Discussion' started by tripwire45, Aug 10, 2005.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I mentioned this site and its forums awhile back when CF was still young and I just want to revisit it again. Since reasserting myself in trying to learn more about Linux, I've been visiting there more and doing more participating. I was previously involved there and even made my writing debut on that site.

Jim Mohr who created and administer's Linux Tutoral noticed and asked me to help out as another admin. I thought long and hard about it and decided to accept. This doesn't mean I'm some sort of Linux guru, but I thought that it would be a win-win, since it would give me additional incentive to do more things Linux *and* give Jim a helping hand.

If you get a chance, pop on over to the main site:

http://www.linux-tutorial.info/index.html

and the forum (where you may notice a <ahem> familiar handle):

http://www.linux-tutorial.info/forums.html

Naturally, I just *had* to contribute to the news page (yes, "tw45admin" is me):

http://www.linux-tutorial.info/news.html

Anyway, I hope that it will pique your interest (I can hear Phoenix and Freddy chuckling in the background given my relative inexperience with Linux). :oops: :tongue

Cheers. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
    pheroman likes this.
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Great stuff, Trip. Good luck in your role there, and let's hope it proves another invaluable resource for our Members here.

<note to self: sign up under a different name, or face the wrath of the Admin :oops:>

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

I'd still know you by your IP address. :tongue

jk

No worries. :wink:

4. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

LOL. Where you get the idea that I have any appreciable amount of Linux experience is beyond me. I never really started working on it until around about year ago, and then it wasn't something I did a lot of until 6 months or so ago. I'm a Linux noob. :dry

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

You are pretty talented, "noob". You must take to Linux like a duck to water. :wink:

6. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

Just read a lot and play around with Linux constantly, trip. Can't tell you how much I wish I had the memory I did when I were a young buck. Then I'd say I was talented. Now, it takes a lot of effort to learn. I've spent a whole lotta hours learning what I've learned.

If I was "talented" it wouldn't have taken me weeks to get my first working Samba file server working with Active Directory. :oops: Oh, well, that's also why I love this field. I'm never bored. It's just the opposite. There's so much to learn I can hardly keep my focus on just one area. I'm constantly getting sidetracked because whatever I'm working on always opens up a door into something else I don't know and I have to go exploring.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1