Limewire trouble

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by asje1, Nov 3, 2007.

1. asje1

asje1 Byte Poster

Previously this program runs fine, i tried running it today and its not loading more than 12%. I uninstalled and re-installed the program and nothing. I havent installed any new programs since it last worked or altered anything.

Any ideas anyone?

Certifications: A+, N+
  2. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

What do you mean, not loading more than 12% - 12% of what??
    Any other programs that are playing up?

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  3. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

run spyware / virus scan...

4. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Mr.Cheeks is right as Limewire is full of that stuff!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I wonder why you get 2.48 MILLION hits when searching Google for 'Limewire spyware'? Or 2.38 MILLION hits when searching for 'Limewire virus'? Or 1.7 MILLION hits when searching for 'Limewire trojan'? Or 1.28 MILLION hits when searching for 'Limewire malware'? Hmmmm.... :hhhmmm

With P2P, not only do you not know what you're getting when you install the app, you also don't know what the other "P" is giving "2" your "P".

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Limewire is "evil" which is why system admins for most uni networks ban the thing. Using Limewire is like opening all the ports in your firewall and saying to hackers/crackers "come and get me".

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  7. asje1

asje1 Byte Poster

Yeah i guess so.

No nothing else is playing up and its 12% of the user interface that loads but gets stuck on 12%.

I ran an AVG anti virus check and spyware doctor check - system all clear, i only use Limewire nothing else that i know of that could be giving be spyware etc (like gaming websites or adult websites/software/downloads etc)

Ah well not the end of the world.

Thanks anyway.

Certifications: A+, N+