Leaving Pranks

Discussion in 'Just for Laughs' started by Fergal1982, May 31, 2007.

1. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

We have a little tradition here at work where we perform one or more pranks against some whose last day it is. Admittedly it doesnt happen all the time, but it can be fun.

So i wanted to know what kind of pranks you guys get up to.

I'll start off with the few I can think of just now.

1. Remotely modifying their registry to remove their desktop icons, and the run option

2. We swapped the keys on a keyboard around so that the top row (QUERTY) now spells W*NKER. I loved using this one recently. We swapped the guys keyboard out whilst he was at his exit interview. When he came back he almost locked himself out using it before he noticed. When he did notice, he stared at it for a full 30 seconds before properly realising, and started whipping the keys out with his pen, with no regard for where the keys went (over his shoulders, mostly). All this on a desk where the manager could see him, and was watching in horror at the 'destruction of property'. we were pissing ourselves with laughter, trying to tell him to stop as we had his keyboard under the desk.

good times!

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  2. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

I've done the usual things...

Turned down the Brightness and Contrast on someones monitor so its looks like its off, then watch them call tech support for help!

Remove the mouse ball / put tape over the light on a mouse so it dosent work.

Pluged the mouse in the K/brd socket and the k/brd in the mouse one.

When i was a wireman i screwed a fitters toolbox to the bench, he got revenge by riveting mine to a metal shelf.
    I then filled his tool box with silicone sealent when he had a 2 week holiday!

There are a lot more like that, waaaaaaaaaay too many to list everyone, some better than others but all done in fun.
    Well except the time i glued the padlock shut on a rivals toolbox!
    Oh and the time we turned a sales rep's car into a taxi!

:twisted: :twisted:

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Take a screen shot of someone's desktop, change his desktop background to the screen shot, then delete all his icons (or, if you're a nice person, move them to a folder so he can retrieve them after the prank is over). He'll clickety-click-click-click the icon "images" in vain, trying to get something to open... and then reboot, thinking that something's not working right... which won't solve his problem at all. :twisted:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

LOLOL - did that two contracts ago to someone who left before me - one of the best reactions I've ever seen :D

My brother did the age old one of injecting milk into someone's chair when he was made redundant from a job - he hated his boss as she was apparently an utter cow. Wonder how bad it smelled after a month or so?

Always wanted to cover every single element of someone's desk with cling film or silver foil...

And one day I am DEFINITELY going to put a bag of prawns or a kipper inside the curtain rod in someone's office...

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  5. Metalstar

Metalstar Kilobyte Poster

The most succesful one I've done, is swapping the mouse settings to left handed (swap left/right click functions) whilst someones away from their desk.

After the victim banged the mouse up and down a few times the IT manager swapped the mouse with another before I let him know.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network+
  6. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

I once re-engineered a mouse (switched the wires) so when you took the mouse left, it would go up, up would go right, right would go down and down would go left.
    Just turn your mouse 90 degrees physicly to see the effect.
    Reverse left and right button as well and the panic is complete.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP