Latest Web Development Technologies?

Discussion in 'Web Development & Web Hosting' started by StanleyPoter, May 26, 2021.

1. StanleyPoter

StanleyPoter New Member

Hello,
    Can anyone please explain the latest technologies of web development. I am looking to start my career in the web development. Currently I am working with eukhost, as a support executive.

2. FlashDangerpants

FlashDangerpants Byte Poster

Well you work for an outfit that hawks WordPress so you might see some benefit to learning that and expanding out with the relevant programming language (PHP) and whichever database backend your in house guys prefer such as MariaDB or Postgres. Otherwise you can pick cooler stuff, because I have no beef with PHP but there are zero cool people in the world who pick it these days, and FDP only recommends very chill excellence for the highly discerning gentleman.

Either way, you need a bit of HTML and CSS to get started so that there's something to go on the page and something to make it look less horrible. Some Javascript is needed to move stuff around. And then a backend framework that tells those other things what to load and a databse to fill in all the details completes the basics.

If you want to do great websites while learning the minimum number of languages (which isn't the worst idea I've had today), you can do all the backend in javascript as well as the front end, and for that you should consider something like a MERN stack because that uses a database engine that runs in javascript too.

Certifications: MCITP Exchange 2010, MCSA Svr 2012
    WIP: Exchange 2013
    JK2447 likes this.
  3. dmarsh

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Generally people are using stuff like ES11, React 17, Angular 10, VueJS, NextJS, TypeScript, NodeJS, Svelte, Webpack, CSS3, Sass, RxJS, ExpressJS, PreactJS, GraphQL, Gatsby, Jest, Mocha, Jasmine, Socket.io, Babel etc.

Althought this seems a rather sad attempt at spamming our forum with your company URL, please read the forum guidelines. You are not allowed to promote your own company without permission.

Personally I think Wordpress is a piece of crap, but maybe thats just me.

Last edited: May 26, 2021
    JK2447 likes this.
  4. dmarsh

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

As I understand it MongoDB is written mainly in C++, its a NoSQL document store database so its quite different to a RDBMS.

There are many DB options now so I wouldn't necessarilly reccomend it over the alternatives, It would depend on the project.

JK2447 likes this.
  5. FlashDangerpants

FlashDangerpants Byte Poster

My bad, Mongo uses JS for the shell not the engine, so you get to insert docs and do all the lookups that way if you like. I figure if the guy has his heart set on web dev then JS is the one language he has to learn, while all the others are optional, so he can choose between Go, Java and Python and whatnot at leisure.

Certifications: MCITP Exchange 2010, MCSA Svr 2012
    WIP: Exchange 2013
  6. SharB

SharB New Member

Wow, so many languages! Before I decided to create my own site I have never heard about React, Vue or Laravel. I spent lots of time finding It company. Soo much new information. I thought it was pretty easy to make sites. But there are sooo many details and issues to solve. Luckily i've found the company https://itmaster-soft.com/en/financial-web-development-and-design who explained everything to me and was able to speak my language. Hope you will find your way too! Good luck!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
  7. Nick ExamsDig

Nick ExamsDig New Member

Front-end: React, Angular, VueJS, NextJS, TypeScript
    Back-end: NodeJS, Ruby, Laravel