Latest A+ exam material

Discussion in 'A+' started by stottrum, Jun 5, 2006.

1. stottrum

stottrum New Member

Hi

I'm looking to self study for both A+ exams using CBTnuggets 2003 discs I got gold of. These are reccomended on the compTIA site but I was wondering has much of the exam mateial not changed scince 2003?

I was suspicious of this when I went on the vue site to see about booking exams there was the 220-301 & 220-302 @ £105 each but also CRO-301 & CRO-302 (A+ OCR 2003 linear exams) @ £60 each.

Could anyone please advise me as I dont want to be wasting a shedload of time studying outdated material to fail the exam.

Any help much appriciated

Cheers

2. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

As far as i am aware the 2003 material is still good - CompTIA will not be changed until late this year or next year...

3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

im sure those videos will be fine BUT i think you should get a book too.. the Mike Meyer's A+ All in One. Together with your videos that should be fine. Oh and welcome to CF! :biggrin

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

I agree with zIMBo. i use CBT myself and i found it is good, but having a book, is also help, at least then you wont be locked onto your computer all the time, you can chill out with the book, both are really good,

Mike Meyers book on Amazon.

5. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

The CBT Nuggets 2003 update videos are a superb addition to studying for your A+.

Do bear in mind that the videos don't really povide you with all the necessary details you will need to know for the 2003 objective exam and are best used as a training aide to books such as Meyers "All in One",amongst others.

You will also find frequent references to "other videos" in the narrative,they refer to the original CBT Nuggets A+ video set.The 2003 update CBT's are exactly that,an update,and assume you have already studied the previous video release or have indepth knowledge of older technologies.The update won't give a great deal of detail to older technologies and the 2003 A+ objective WILL test you on the likes of Windows 95,98,NT (especially NT),Windows 2000 Pro,aswell as the XP familly.Older hardware is also going to appear in your exam,things like ISA,AT,Dimms,Simms and so on..these are covered in the first A+ cbt release,but barely mentioned in detail in the updated version.My advise to you is to purchase,beg or borrow the original A+ cbt's and study them first if you can.

Download the latest objectives from CompTIA and you'll see what you'll be expected to know for the 2003 objective exam.

Good luck with your studies and keep us informed of your progress.Don't hesitate to ask if you need advice or help. 8)

Certifications: A+ Network+