Laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Theprof, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

what do you guys think of this laptop? I want to be able to games, aside from the everyday stuff like internet, movies, etc... it has the nVidia GTX 460M and an i7...

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6701575&Sku=A50-17326

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  2. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

For the same price you can get the base Alienware laptop.

http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-M17x-r3/pd.aspx

Better processor, but to get RAM, HDD and GFX Memory up to the same level it would be additional couple hundred bucks (is that what you call quids in states? :twisted:)

Not sure if better deal, just food for thought.

I do like your choice too though. Looks decent.

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  3. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Actually I am from Canada :D But the term bucks is used in Canada as well so you definitely got that right!

I've always loved the Alienware laptops and desktops, but they're always really expensive... Funny thing is, I've completely forgot about the Alienware laptops, I always associate Alienware with Desktops for some reason. I will take a look and see if I can get something custom built that is similar to the one I would like to get!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA