KPI's etc

Discussion in 'Service Management Frameworks' started by UKDarkstar, Jan 17, 2010.

1. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Just interested to know what KPI's you/your company monitors and whether they get taken any notice of ?

Do you monitor as you're in an ITIL environment or not in ITIL and monitor for other reasons ?

(Bit of research work for Uni)

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  2. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

We monitor how quickly our first line staff answer the phone, how many calls they take are closed by themselves, if the call gets passed onto a 2nd line team how many calls breach the 2 hour call-back period we have to make contact with them. How many complaints we get as a ratio of number of calls logged, how long escalated calls go on for (ie, ones where say a link is down between site A and B).

I don't monitor them, but my company does as far as I'm aware because the end-customer wants them to rather than its an ITIL environment.

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Unofficially "yes", however it's just for IT Services so that we can adjust our work loads & where to concentrate if an area is lacking, etc... However starting this month we'll be implementing FITS, and hopefully this will help us get another person, as well as continually provide a very good service.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

So more about service provision than anything else ?

Are you using KPI's for things like staff ratios, system uptime etc ?

What about broadband service provision ?

5. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Yes - for us its about what deliverables are we set against by the customer - staff ratios - definitely not :D
    System uptime - yes - but what tends to happen is the company is so unsure that we, as a whole company (500+ staff) can achieve it the figures not only get massaged they actually tell us how to circumvent them entirely! I've complained about this process and how it does not represent anything and the answer I've got is "my boss asked me to do it, so can you" and that goes all the way to the top!

Broadband - not for internet access, but linking different sites together we monitor those, how long they are down for, how long to repair, cause of outage, type of impact on user/number of users/location of users.

6. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

Thanks m8, that's a big help and also seems to bear out what I've found talking to others

7. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

More or less, yes.

For staff ratios, currently "no", however once FITS is implemented "yes". For system uptime unofficially "yes".

We use to, however we had so many problems in the past, that we just gave up. However they have gotten alot better since the upgrade to 10Mb and I can only assume will be even better once the current upgrades to 20Mb finish :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  8. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

no probs mate anytime 8)

9. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

KPIs? we don't need no stinkin KPI's

I avoid most of that corporate managerial bull**** wherever pos

My staff do their job, and don't piss off our clients, then its a job well done
    I get calls about how good they are, they are rewarded
    i get complains, they are bitchslapped

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0