kORN

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Rover977, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Rover977

Rover977 Byte Poster

I know this is fairly random post (but this is one of few forums I have posted on much so what the hell) -
    but I went to see Korn last night at O2 in Glasgow - a great gig, first heavy rock gig I've attended in a LONG time. I like the more new wave-ish influenced metal.
    Wonder if anyone else went.
    I found it slightly weird coincidence on driving through seeing they've erected huge 'Angel of the North' type statue just outside Glasgow, called the Arria, looked distinctly like the renowned Korn microphone stand?

Certifications: A+, Network+, Cisco CCNA
  2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Haven't made a decent album since 'Blind' - and that was about fifteen years ago. They turned into a teeny-bopper band when their second album came out (much like Machine Head), and every album after that had no more than three decent songs on. That said, I saw them a couple of years ago at Download and their sound was immense. I still listen to them sometimes, but Jonathan Davis is such a ***** it puts me off listening to them more.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. Rover977

Rover977 Byte Poster

I like their overall sound, and their stage set is pretty good. I have to concur with Davis on 'Hollow Life' being one of their best songs. Drummer Luzier is excellent, and that drum kit looks amazing. Fieldy is great bassist and I never knew what made the Korn 'clicking' sound until I seen him playing the bass with the extra long white strings. Fieldy also played lead in one of the opening acts, Stillwell.
    On the whole highly recommended (though if you ever see Yashin keep clear of the speaker tower, which the singer climbs up on, it looks decidely shaky!)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Cisco CCNA
  4. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

This is pretty much my feelings as well. I've never been a huge fan of Korn, but they certainly went off the deep end when they got famous.

5. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal