Kind of new....

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by paulwatson5, Apr 3, 2011.

1. paulwatson5

paulwatson5 Byte Poster

Hello, been on here a while now but still a newbie i feel.

I'm 28 and love computers but have no certs. I dont work in IT but would love to and would now like to get the certs required.

I was 1/2 way through studying the MCDST but i now dont think i have enough free time to continue this before it retires in June so i have came to a dead end.

Do i do A+ and Network + and then move on to MCITP Windows 7, or do i go straight for MCITP Windows 7??

I'm in no rush (well, apart from wanting a job!!). I just think if i start at the bottom and work my way up, it will look better on the CV.

Also going to be starting a IT Support company in the summer as expereince. Just a part time self employed business.

Any cert adivce would be appreciated!!

Certifications: CompTIA A+ (220-701 & 220-702)
    WIP: CompTIA Network +
  2. alexdc12

alexdc12 Kilobyte Poster

Id go for the A+ then N+ cos you learn so much of the fundemental basics from these and then you can do others and put that knowledge into practice, thats how i feel anyway! I done my N+ at weekend so am now starting to revse for the 70-680
    Crack on with the MCDST if your half way there! dont give up!
    Good luck!

Certifications: GNVQ Advanced IT, CompTIA A+, CompTIA N+, 70-680
    WIP: 70-685, ITIL v3 Foundation
  3. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

I agree with alexdc12...the A+ is going to be your best starting point.

4. ronnysingh

ronnysingh New Member

hello