Just starting out on MCDST hoping to get to MCIPT Database Administrator

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by DaiCray, Nov 19, 2008.

1. DaiCray

DaiCray New Member

Hi to you all!

How long does it take to get MCDST qualifaction?

I have been out of IT for 5 years, but prior to that I used to code in DB2 SQL and COBOL.

I think it's time to catch up with IT:eek:

Certifications: HND Computing Studies
    WIP: MCDST (70-271,70-272) and MCTS
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Welcome:)

Only yoou can answer how long it will take you. There are two exams to study for 70-271 and 70-272

The MS pressbooks will help you.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I echo what GBL has already said. Apart from that according to the title you want to become a DBA, which while it is still in IT is in a different field to the MCDST. Which area do you want to concentrate on?

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. del_port

del_port Byte Poster

If you were doing the whole course at college it would take you 50 hours from start to finish to do 70-271 and 70-272 with not much homework.

Certifications: A+ and MCDST 70-271
    WIP: mcdst 272
  5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Not 49 hours, no? :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. phily

phily Bit Poster

Like the previous posters it really depends on YOU. How much time you really want to contribute to study. Ask this question yourself first then you can decide how you want to accomplish this. You can buy the MS Press book or Sybex books. I personally like the Sybex books it has more details than the MS press books. But the MS press books give you more hands on excersices than the Sybex books. You can buy some CBT and work on Windows XP Professional computer. Once you start reading you can make the time shorter of course.