Just passed the 220-601 - My thoughts

Discussion in 'A+' started by nick101101, Jul 13, 2009.

1. nick101101

nick101101 New Member

Hi all

I passed the essentials exam at the weekend with a 793. And just wanted to thank this site really in helping. I haven't had to ask many if any questions cause its all been asked and answered in other threads. But definately been a huge help having all the threads on here to read, so thank you to everyone for that.

I've got the 220-602 this saturday so studying for that all this week. I was just wondering if there is much of a difference between the 2 exams? Or can I expect pretty much the same?

On the exam itself,

I absolutely crapped myself up to the 10th question, because I was sure I didnt know any of the answer's :eek: Then found my rythm really and calmed down and got on with it. All in all it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, dont get me wrong it was no walk in the park either; I dont think a 793 is a walk in the park score but I'm happy with it. Only downside's I found were one or two of the Communication and Professionalism questions seemed like two of the answer's could have been right. There were a few speeling mistakes in some questions. And I could have done with knowing the questions in particular that I got wrong, instead of printing out the subjects you messed up in, it could give you 15 minutes on the computer after to see the actual questions? Or at least would have been nice for me :biggrin

So for anyone soon to be taking the exam my advice is study hard before hand and keep a cool head in the exam. You have plenty of time I feel in the exam to read, re-read and then read again the questions if needs be.

Cant wait to get cracking with the studying for the Network+ now :biggrin

Thanks again certforums for a great site.

Nick.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+
  2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Congratulations! :D

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. ericrollo

ericrollo Megabyte Poster

I basically did no revision for the 602 most of the questions are exactly the same as the 601.

Certifications: MOS Master, A+, MCP 271
    WIP: HND, Programming, Another Job
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass and good luck for the next one :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

It's an exam security issue. What you propose would make it much easier people to share information about what answers are right and wrong. For example: "I answered DNS on the connectivity problem question, but CompTIA said I was wrong on that one, so whatever you do, don't answer DNS on that one..."

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. nick101101

nick101101 New Member

Yeah I understand what your saying, just one of them annoying things not knowing which ones you got wrong. I've worked out about 3 of the questions I know I wasn't sure about, that I got wrong. So I cant complain to much. :)

Thanks all.

Nick

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+
  7. Spilly

Spilly Kilobyte Poster

Don't worry to much you passed, move on.

Microsoft don't make it any easier :eek:

Certifications: A+,N+,S+,MCP,MCDST,MCITP,MCTS,MCSA,CISMP,PCI-P,SSCP
    WIP: CCSK