Just Passed 270

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by Methodman85, May 20, 2008.

1. Methodman85

Methodman85 Byte Poster

Well I passed with a score of 857.
    My poorest section was Troubleshooting Hardware Devices and Drivers which was a shock.
    Does MS let you view your answers after the fact?

Certifications: MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, CCNA, MCDST, N+
    WIP: 70-680
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Well done :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Congrats...

4. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Congrats on the pass... 8)

5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

No, MS does not allow you to view your answers after you get your score... too much chance that you could reveal the right answers to others. Not that you would... but there are plenty of others who would.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats mate :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  7. Methodman85

Methodman85 Byte Poster

Thanks Guys,
    Ah that sucks, I figured as much, but it would be really nice to know what you got wrong.

8. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  9. Finkenstein

Finkenstein Kilobyte Poster

Congrats! Well Done!

Certifications: MCP, Network+, CCENT, ITIL v3
    WIP: 640-822
  10. Methodman85

Methodman85 Byte Poster

Does anyone remember what they got on their transcender exams compared to what they got on the actual exams.
    The Transcender pack for the 270 was very tough I found, 60 questions each! I scored 78% on the first 2, then 70% on the third one! I was going to cry as each one took 2 hours and it appeared I was getting dumber.

11. madman045

madman045 Kilobyte Poster

Strangely enough I got the transcender one from a colleague today (transferred his MCSA course over to me) and i've only done the first test exam and I got 78%

If it's around the same as the real exam, I may as well get it booked now

Congrats on your pass!

Andy

Certifications: 70-270, 70-290, PRINCE2 Foundation, VCA-DCV & VCA-DT
    WIP: MCSA 2008, VCP5-DCV, ITIL V3
  12. BosonMichael

Only one problem with that... the Transcender license can't be transferred to another person... can't even legally give it away: link

And before you jump on Transcender (a competitor of mine, for the record), know that just about EVERY practice exam company has similar licensing restrictions. Otherwise, people would just pass it from person to person and we'd all go broke. THEN who would you pirate questions from?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  13. Methodman85

Methodman85 Byte Poster

Somebody just got pwned

14. madman045

Fair point, the only reason why I used it was the fact it hasn't even been used, activated or registered and the part he transferred was his Computeach course, of which I'm finding quite frustrating at the moment as he hasn't been sent everything from day one and now it's over a year ago since he started and i've got 9 months to do the MCSA with out any software....

So looks like we have to spend another £300 on a technet subscription, issue with that is that as far as I can tell on the MS site, it's only the latest products on there, and without XP and 2003 Server, could prove a problem.

15. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Nope you'll be fine with a technet direct sub, it has pretty much every bit of software MS have ever made you can download win 3.1 if you like. I think its been the best single investment I've made in my self certification studying. Also after the first year the sub goes down to about 160-180 I think as im just about to renew again.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  16. madman045

Thanks for the info Dales, and FYI Michael, I have passed your comments on and we are about to buy the MCSA pack for myself so that stops any issues arising.

17. BosonMichael

Good stuff, man! Though they are a competitor, I'm glad to hear it. In my opinion, anything worth using is worth buying. :)

18. BosonMichael

Doesn't matter - it's not yours to use. It was his course, so it's his software... can't be transferred.

Will they catch you? Unlikely. Still, it is what it is - it's copyright infringement. Most people don't know, so I'm not condemning you or anything... just trying to pass along the info. :)