Just IT recruitment

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Shinx2k6, Aug 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

Chuck - F*** off

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  2. Simon Perriton

Simon Perriton Bit Poster

Dear Chuck

I have asked the moderators at the review centre web site to check the authenticity of your post and they have chosen to take down the post whilst they investigate with you. This means that the link shown previously on this post does not work anymore.

I have an idea that may help you. You are very consistent in your message on this forum and it would seem that some of the members are giving some very direct feedback to you now. I can imagine a lot of people are still confused about why you feel so strongly about my company. To get to the bottom of this why don't you come down with WesternKings (if he is happy with this) and sit in the meeting with us?

That way you can feel sure that any actions that are agreed will be followed through by me. If you have done this course (to be confirmed) and Westernkings feels that your money should be returned I will consider this; even if you have not passed the exams, I am willing to follow his advice.

You have nothing to lose and if you have done the course you may get your full fees back. If you can't make it to London I would be happy to set up a Webex meeting with you (if Westernkings is happy with this it would be great) so we can get to the bottom of this and move on.

I guess the first step is to contact me (02074260839) and then I will ask Westernkings if he is happy to moderate in this way. You happiness in the service we may / may not have delivered to you is more important to me than any investment of money you may/may not have made.

So I look forward to hearing from you very soon as it may be that I meet up with Westernkings this week.

Simon

3. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Chuck you have made your point and it's not adding to the thread just simply putting comments like this.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
    Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

If you've got a point to make, please make it.

:rolleyes:

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  5. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Simon, drop me your email address. It will probably be during one of the afternoons after 5pm as I am near Paddington so it's a bit of a journey to Liverpool Street, not sure what time you are open until.

Will be good to see how you answer the questions in person.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  6. Simon Perriton

My email address is [email protected]. I work until 7.30pm on Thursday as we have a free on line (webex) meeting for people who are looking to get a job in the IT sector from 6.30-7.15pm on this day. This might be a good day to meet? You could come by and we could talk from when you get to me to 6.25pm when the meeting starts. You could have a view on my advice and see what issues people on the seminar are facing in getting into the industry. I am sure you have some views on how to overcome these barriers as I do!

Then we can talk some more if you are free.

The problem is that there will not be any staff or candidates around (the training finishes at 4.30pm and a lot of the training / recruitment people go at 5.30 - 6.00pm). So you will miss part of the story. But that’s probably the best day to meet if you can’t get to me until 5.45 (its about 45 minutes on the circle line - we are 2 minutes walk from Liverpool Street Station). See http://www.justit.co.uk/contact-us

If anyone else wants to come to this webex meeting you are welcome - just email me and we can make it a really interactive event.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Simon

7. reverb

reverb Byte Poster

A friend of mine done a course at Just IT costing a few thousand many years ago and I assume everything went ok as I didn't hear him complain anything about it. And he is doing quite well for himself now.
    At the end of the day, it's inevitable you will have people who have had a bad experience so they will be ones who go on the net to bad mouth company X, whereas generally you won;t hear from people who have had good experiences.

8. 2036789

2036789 Bit Poster

im starting to see some positive comments about just IT on this thread, but my question is does one really need to invest thousands of pounds in this course to get an entry level helpdesk job, isnt better to self study and do a+ and mcdst. I ot an IT degree so maybe its better if i self study then take this expensive course, cn i have some opinons please

also i called them up today about the pay as youe arn option this not offered to anyone, also the work placement ; you have to give up your present which is not convenient for everyone especially when you got a wife and a kid

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  9. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

You need a new keyboard mate. :biggrin

Bear in mind that, for the moment, most of the positive comments on this thread have come from the owner of the business, but hopefully we'll have more to follow.

But in short, no, it isn't necessary to invest thousands in order to get an entry level helpdesk role. That's pretty much what this forum is all about.

10. 2036789

2036789 Bit Poster

Johny mx no it not what this whole thread is about because no one has clearly stated this, we are mostly discussing the guranteed job claim, but none of the seniors are letting people know whether the course is necessary for a entry level helpdesk role, which is what this company is offering.

and also johny mx you seem to be very sympathetic towards simon, why? have you done the course

11. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I didn't say thread, I said forum. This forum exists to provide help and support to those pursuing certification. Have a look round, or try searching for 'training provider' if you've got some time on your hands. :biggrin

I am not sympathetic to anyone. In fact, my previous post was pointing out that, at this point, we only had his word for things. As I have said many times before, I sit on the fence with these things. Quite often self study is the way to go, and people should be wary of those charging high fees for services that aren't strictly necessary. On the other hand, self study isn't for everybody and not everybody has access to the equipment or resources required to study for some certs. There are also some excellent training providers out there who provide quality training and support.

I know nothing about Just IT so I can't comment about them. However, Simon has come here to defend his business which he seems to be passionate about. He appears to be open and honest about things and has made repeated efforts to get us to engage with him to find out for ourselves what his company is all about. By contrast, the evidence against him consists of the rantings of a few individuals who, up till now, have provided no justification at all for their complaints.

So, at this moment in time, with the evidence currently available to me, if I was to fall off my fence - I'd try to land on his side.

8)

12. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Simon I would like to know why you havent responded to posts 40, 46 and 63 by Zeb.

Is that because what he has said is the absolute truth? Is it because of his extensive knowledge of how the industry works that he can spot the biggest piece of crap ever?

Everyone knows my views on TPs so I wont harp on about the con that is involved, if you can prove me wrong I will gladly come down to your office to be shown that I am wrong, as long as you pay the train fair :D

If you can prove me wrong I will write an extensive review on this site and tell everyone my views were incorrect and that schemes/companies like yours do not con people or the IT industry.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  13. michael78

Deleted. Quoted wrong post doh!

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
  14. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

I've read this post and keep comming back to it every day.
    While i dont agree with many TPs, they way they push the courses saying you need this and that long with 4 of these and 2 of these and it'll cost you xxxxx but gurantee you a job. Its all wrong, but its been going on for years. When i first looked at IT back in early 90s computeach (i think it was them anyway) sent a sales rep out, who tried to pursuade me to do a programming course with them. I'd only asked about working in IT making PCs and what training i'd need. but he kept saying its programming with this and that and i'd be more likely to get a job paying 20k or more to start etc. And that still hasnt chnaged.

However, with Just IT, i do see one difference. And that is that Simon has at least come on here to try to defend his company. And kept posting responses. How many other TPs have bothered to do that? You may not agree with what his comapnys doing, or how they do it. You may think he's a con, or that his interests in getting poeple ona course is tied in with his Employment Agency. But at least he has the balls to come here and try to stick up for what he believes in. And that to me lends some creadence to his company.

Saying that, i'd still liek to see if Ken visits him and what he has to say after.

Just remember, No you dont need a course to learn IT, but it can help. No you dont need to pay thousands, self study is cheapest way, and No noone can gurantee a job unless they train you and take you on afterwards and its all written ina contract before you start. But you have to start some where. Just be careful and investigate all options first.

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  15. michael78

I'll answer the question. No you don't have to spend £££ to do entry level certs like A+ and Network+. In fact I would strongly advise against it and self study for those certs. Save your money for when you need to do a higher level cert with a Training Provider either because the certification is complex to warrant the expense or like doing a VCP your required to attend an official course to gain the certification.

I don't know how Just IT deliver their courses but if it's an all in one A+, Network+, MCSE, CCNA etc etc then I would stay away as simply put these types of cert packages should be banned as they are just plain stupid cramming all that it over a short period of time. I wouldn't trust anyone with a network that did all these courses over a 1 year time frame just as you wouldn't trust anyone who trained to be a doctor over a 1 year period of time to operate on you.

16. Simon Perriton

I am not sure if you meant to say 'the pay as youe arn option this not offered to anyone' or ' the pay as youe arn option this not offered to everyone'. The latter is true, not the former. Let me explain. When people visit us the first time (you visit us to suss out whether the course if for you!) it’s all about us getting to know you and visa versa. Then if we feel you are a person who will benefit from the programme and if you are happy with the course we invite you back for a 2nd stage, which is a more formal interview. At this stage you need to make choices about what funding programme you take. If you a strong candidate and there are places available on the programme then we may offer a scholarship/sponsorship option, which means all the training fees (apart from the exams) can be paid when you get a job. See http://www.justit.co.uk/it_training/funding

If you are a typical candidate for us then you can take part in the pay as you earn programme where you pay a percentage of the course fees and the rest when you get a job. It’s always a good idea to pay as much as you can afford as it’s cheaper though. Some candidates will not be offered the chance to do the progarmme if we feel they will not benefit from it. We only train about 250 candidates a year. So this course is not for everyone and you are right if you can't do a work placement and don’t have experience in IT this course will not be for you. It’s all about getting you into an IT job – not just training!

I hope that clears things up. But come and see us and you can report back again to certforums

17. Simon Perriton

There are plenty of comments on our web site see http://www.justit.co.uk/it_training/case-studies.

If people want to follow up with these people they need speak to me ([email protected] or 0207 426 9839) and depending on whether I feel they would benefit from the programme I would encourage them to visit us and talk to the candidates on the programme at the moment. If they then want to speak to any of the past candidates with a background similar to their own then I would put them in contact. The same goes for access to our employers – clearly after 10 years we have a lot of happy candidates (as well as a very low number of unhappy ones that we have tried to help by failed...).

If I start to direct happy candidates to this thread I feel some people will see this as too promotional. But I am open to advice. Would people like me to get 10 or so people to share their experiences?

18. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

As long as they declare that you asked them to, Simon :wink:

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  19. Simon Perriton

Zeb has some very strong views and states in one post;

Don't bother trying to justify what you're doing to me or anyone else - it won't work. I'm sure it's all perfectly legal - but taking money off of 18 year old kids who don't know what a network cable looks like and telling them they've got a guaranteed job at the end of your training (or their (the government's) money back!) certainly isn't moral.

Strong and unfounded views about my company. So I got to the stage on this forum where I found it increasingly difficult to defend what I have spend my last 10 years doing and what I am proud of. Clearly Zeb has made his mind up about the industry and my company. So I went to the approach of trying to get certforums people in to visit me and get the full story. Writing on a forum is not the only way to judge a company!

Since then Westernkings was going to visit me, but something has happened and I have not heard from him since the initial posts. So he can’t report back. Force1 did call me (the only person who has – what’s that about!) and has given his views at post 18.

The reality of my industry is that I am saddened about the thousands of people who have been misled by poor companies and yet I chose to do things differently, as much as I can and to the best of my ability, in a challenging market. We all know of the terrible companies that have abused individuals. You can’t assume that Just IT is the same as other companies unless you talk or come and meet with me and do your full research amongst the candidates for example.
    Of course I would be happy to pay for the train fare. Initially why don’t we speak on the phone, or do a webex meeting and we can talk things through. I have nothing to lose by having a face to face dialogue with you or Zeb with "extensive knowledge of how the industry works". I have extensive knowledge of how the training and recruitment industry works and by talking to people like you on certforums I may get some great ways to develop or improve my company and services we offer. I know we are not perfect and have made some changes already as a result of the feedback from certforums people.

I do have a meeting with Zet on Monday to talk through his points like I've noticed you didn’t address the issue of helping under qualified candidates become over qualified by helping them gain certs without the necessary experience?" So hopefully there will be some good independent feedback following soon.

Hopefully you will contact me. I am away from this Friday for 2 weeks.

20. Simon Perriton

Good point Michael. Balance the certifications, with your profile, with the market, with your experience. In terms of our programme for most people its certifications in A+1/A+1/XP Professional. Then a work placement running alongside the career support section of the programme. Then employment into a IT support job (typically £17-20K starting in London). The Server 2003 is studied before the work placement, but not normally passed until a job in gained for the majority of candidates. They then are encouraged to come back and do the CCNA within 18 months and when they have a relevant level of commercial experience. Remember that we work with alot of graduates who are really keen on CCNA, but we state again and again that this is not the certification that they should focus on until they have experience.

We don’t sell a MCSE to entry level people see http://www.justit.co.uk/it_training/mcse

We take some people on the programme who blast through the certifications and others who find them more difficult. The important thing is they get a job in IT and reach their potential. So the issue here for people who come to Just IT is to get a job in IT, whatever it takes. So we don’t just focus on certifications we focus on the whole profile of the person. Things like promotion, confidence, CV, communication, dress sense, body language and commercial experience are all worked on.

I hope that makes things clearer.

Simon