Just IT recruitment

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Shinx2k6, Aug 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

So - (with all apologies to Jeremy Paxman) - are they actual jobs or not? Yes or no?

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  2. Simon Perriton

Simon Perriton Bit Poster

YES!! YES!! YES!!

The recruitment web site will be re launched in the next 4-6 weeks some of the content needs to be updated and expanded. In the meantime it sits alongside the training web site - see http://www.justit.co.uk/it_recruitment. The turnover for Just IT Recruitment is £1.45M (Year to May 2010) from candidates we train and others that come from the general market.

Other indications about how we work with employers are shown at http://www.justit.co.uk/it_training/case-studies/employer-testimonials.

Come and meet the recruitment team in London and you can understand it better.

Regards

Simon

3. Darkfunnyguy

Darkfunnyguy Byte Poster

Simon Perriton, please go away, I know for fact all this is a scam. Certforum people do not listen to this guy.

PLEASE GO AWAY NOW!!!!!!!!!! :x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2003
    WIP: Server+, Vista,
  4. Simon Perriton

I guess we have met before - I or my company must have let you down badly. If you want to talk it through please contact me.

I am so confused about how to deal with the postings that were coming across this forum. I have sat watching people make uninformed comments about my company in the past and done nothing. But there comes a time to express a view.

I can see that people on certforums have very strong views, but if people can visit or talk to me and explain why my business is a scam I will change these areas. I am a reasonable person who has a passion for helping people progress their career in IT. But if there are things to change about the way we promote and deliver the service to our clients then I am open to talk about them. That’s what the Institute of IT Training personal funded initiative was supposed to be about that I helped to fund.

If the moderators of this forum could tell me if I should stop posting then I would be happy to accept their direction. But I wanted to express my view based on some uninformed postings.

If some moderator has an interest in talking or meeting with me that would also be great also.

5. DublinJoe

DublinJoe New Member

I wouldn't call it a scam but it is not totally up front. If you get people with limited skills applying for the low end roles & these are the people the training arm calls about getting them trained to a level to get the job in question, you should tell them up front that they are not skilled enough to be put forward for the job in your opinion.

You should give them the option of finding out about your training if they wish. They may go the the recruitment agency down the road & get a 1st line job & not need your training. By planting the idea with these people that are not skilled enough to get a job in IT unless they get training is less than 100% honest in my opinion.

6. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Thanks for the offer, but having worked in IT for more years than i can count, I don't need to meet your recruitment team. If you can provide me with proof that every time you put an advertisement for a job on a recruitment site, all those jobs are actual jobs with real companies (rather than 'holding' jobs with your company) then I'll eat my hat.

Don't bother trying to justify what you're doing to me or anyone else - it won't work. I'm sure it's all perfectly legal - but taking money off of 18 year old kids who don't know what a network cable looks like and telling them they've got a guaranteed job at the end of your training (or their (the government's) money back!) certainly isn't moral.

7. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Yup, that's what we do - sorry. :oops:

Unfortunately with an open public forum, there is no way of knowing if someone is making a post based on genuine information or just trolling. It's one of those things you have to put up with.

Quite often we get students having a pop at a TP for unclear reasons - and even some students who seem unclear about which TP they have paid their money to.

Indeed, we have know idea if you are really Simon Perriton, if you own JustIT or not, or if anything you say is true.

People just have to make their own mind up about the reality of things, and unfortunately that's going to being about a very mixed set of reactions.

Your industry has been damaged by some very high-profile companies with runaway salesmen and poor student support services. They have hurt the little, honest guys because (partly) of forums like this which end up a collection of horror stories. Many of us have had good experiences with TPs, but it's not something we tend to bang on about every five minutes.

If you are on the level, then fair play to you, you've made an open and credible effort to clear things up. If nobody bothers to take you up on your offer, then I guess we'll never know. :(

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  8. Simon Perriton

Well put John MX!

Thanks for your support for the good training companies out there. Although there are not too many of them left anymore...which is sad as there are a lot of people who do need support in my view.

Knowing who is a good / bad personal training company is a nightmare. Areas to think about are;

• Visit the company at least once
    • Meet the owner(s) / directors of the company
    • Ask for the chance to try before you buy
    • Look at the small print
    • Talk to the candidates on the course
    • Look at the financial stability of the company
    • Look around the net for good / bad bits of feedback
    • Don’t rush into anything
    • Look for guarantees that can be backed up
    • Look for pay as you earn options
    • Look for companies that focus getting you to the stage where you have all the skills to get a job - certifications, soft skills and commercial experience if you need it.

Simon

9. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Simon, I am assuming yours is the company just up from Artillery Lane (not far from Traders?). If so I have actually had a look around your premises previously (I was actually doing some investigative work for someone asking for advice on a forum (not this one).

I think where this entire thing is hurting your reputation is the fact that as a training provider you also have an IT Recruitment arm, in mine and a number of other peoples opinions these two don't mix, and the reason they don't mix is that people (rightly or wrongly) get the idea that positions only exist if you spend out large sums of money for the initial training.

Please understand that there are a lot of people who simply can't afford classroom based training and have to take it upon themselves to use OTJ training or home based labs to get more experience.

I think what irks people here is that you "shouldn't" have to pay to get a job (whether that's paying the recruitment agency to find you a job or pay to go on training to get a job afterwards). Whilst you are obviously doing well on a financial point (after all there are many training providers and recruitment agencies that have gone out of business (a couple that I know of that were well known and had been doing well)).

I think that as a company you would get more respect if you had a clear division of interest and didn't have both a recruitment and training company that play of each other.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  10. zet

zet Byte Poster

DublinJoe is spot on. Just IT, speaking from personal experience, made it seem when I first encountered there services that I would need their training in order to become qualified. This was when I was unaware of how the IT industry worked and was tempted to sign up and hand over the fee required to gain the training and certs.

My first problem with Just IT is that why on earth are you helping underqualified candidates become overqualified? The whole point of being certified is to demonstrate that you have x amount of experience in a particular field which could take a few years to obtain not a few months.

The second problem I have with Just IT is, as mentioned before, how I will not find a job without taking on one of your courses <insert sales pitch here> For example, just recently I was contacted by your agency and yep, the agent pitches me one of the courses I maybe interested in that would help me find a job! He didnt even enquire as to whether or not I needed the training or not.

However, on a more positive note I do know of someone who had studied with this provider and they did, after sometime, find him a job..although I dont have the finer details all I know is that he got a job.

Certifications: BSc, MSc, A+
  11. Darkfunnyguy

Darkfunnyguy Byte Poster

Mr Perriton, no it is not me just I know people, exploitation comes to mind. It easy to make a website to look convincing which you have shown. There was a 16k-24k job guarantee shown on your website like many TP a ploy and a con. Also yesterday a report of highest number of graduates unemployed especially IT graduates.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2003
    WIP: Server+, Vista,
  12. Simon Perriton

That some really interesting comments Simon. My thoughts;

1) You are right we are based in Artillery Lane and Sandy’s Row (30 seconds walk away) - 2 minutes from Liverpool Street Station http://www.justit.co.uk/contact-us. I would love to meet you and get your thoughts about what we are doing well and what we could do better. If you are in the area please come and see me.

2) I can see that a lot of people on the forum can't see what we are doing as training and recruitment companies as being balanced. But when I first set up the company I did not want to take people’s money for training fees unless I felt that it would help them get a job. After 2 years of trading I decided to package this with a 'money back job guarantee'. It was risky, but it keeps us on our toes and since we only train around 250 people a year we are very selective on who does the programmes here. So for me it works. I am not an IT person; I am more interested in helping people reach their potential than the technical side. So it’s great to help people get into IT when they have been struggling. So I would not see it any other way, for me Just IT is about training for the sake of a job, not just for the training only.

3) I agree it would be lovely if people did not have to pay to do our programme. But since there is not government funding (shame) at the moment all can offer is the pay as you earn programme.

I hope we talk / meet one day.

Regards
    Simon

13. Simon Perriton

Thanks for your insight. A few comments;

1) The best example of over qualifying people is the MCSE that training companies seem to sell to entry level people. The way our programme works is that the candidates pass the A+1/2 and XP Professional at the same time as going through the career support side of the programme. They go into a work placement and hopefully (!) continue to study the Server 2003. Then they get a job - normally either from the work placement or through the general market. They then come back to study CCNA when they have some experience. I realise a lot of people say the CCNA is a step too far, but remember a lot are graduates of Computing degrees and the candidates are driven in this direction. As a recruitment company we then continue tosupport themover their career with advice, recruitment support and further training (with the company paying hopefully!)

2) The training consultants are trained to look for people who they feel don’t have the profile to get a job. It may be e made a mistake, but I am guessing we had your CV when we called you. So why don’t you send me your CV ([email protected]) and we will have a chat. I will tell you what I would doing your situation. You can then write up your thoughts on the forum.

3) I am delighted you know someone who was successful on our programme. There are few out there!

Thanks

Simon

14. Simon Perriton

Thanks for your feedback. I have a few comments;

1) I agree a web site is just the surface of the company. Everything I do as a business on the marketing side is aimed at getting people to talk to us and meet with us and the candidates on the programme and make their choices from there.

2) There is NOT a 16-25K job guarantee; it’s a 'money back job guarantee'. There is a difference. It’s not a con or the IITT and the trading standards people would have stopped this by now. See http://www.justit.co.uk/it_training/jobguarantee and you will see the small print. The fact is we don’t take people on our programme that we don’t think will benefit from the course and in the vast majority of cases get their first IT job. That’s why we offer pay as you earn programmes where people only pay the full fees when they get a job. We are not like other training providers.

3) Yes, it’s a very bad market for graduates. So what should I do, ignore them or do my best to develop a company that gives these people a chance to progress their careers?
    I am sorry you use the word exploitation in connection with Just IT. The words many people use are; helpful, consultative, professional, specialized, valued.

May be, in time, I can demonstrate that we have good values.

Regards

Simon

15. Simon Perriton

Since I started responding to the uninformed comments on this forum 3 days ago I have seen the number of views go up by around 700 - which suggests that there are quite a few individuals out there who are interested in people’s views about the services of Just IT as well as this challenging area of personally funded training providers.

All through my responses I have encouraged people to call or email me. But I had no personal feedback until this afternoon at 4pm...when I had a call! It was great to be able to put the message across my company and the services we provide on the phone. We had a good chat about the candidate’s challenges of getting a job in IT and it was good to talk to a person who was passionate about getting back into the IT industry. I hope I was able to give some good advice.

We offer a free seminar (on line via Webex) if you want to suss out what we can do for you. So if anyone wants to be part of this then please email me on [email protected] and I will send you an invite. See http://www.justit.co.uk/it_careers/seminar

Regards

Simon

16. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Am I alone in thinking this has veered into some free advertising for Just IT?

17. chuckliddell

chuckliddell Banned

my bad, i brought this back up if you go and check from a year ago. lol

so this company is a scam still

18. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

RE my last post ;)

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)
  19. chuckliddell

chuckliddell Banned

big big scam,

Very Bas place. They only pay attention as you have to keep calling them. One or two person in batch are offered job and rest other students are left and asked to clear exams, also after clearing exam there is other topics to take exam.
    They cover them self very nicely by saying you have to finish exam first. I am very unhappy to pay this full fees and had very unhappy and bad experience.

Owner is the one who praises his company in first day class. That's it this is the only thing he does. Rest tutors are good.
    Its a trap. You pay and suffer. If you pressure them for job. They start counting your drawbacks in very good words. So its only business and invest your money in much better place.

Do not waste your money. Think

lol

20. Simon Perriton

As this person says 'think'. Think about whether you would you trust this person, or the employers and candidates we have worked with since 2001. If you want to speak to them contact me.

Your comment "They only pay attention as you have to keep calling them" is strange. I challenge you to call me and talk through your views.

You says "One or two person in batch are offered job and rest other students are left and asked to clear exams" You are informed and wrong. How would the pay as you earn options work if this happened?

I don’t understand your English "also after clearing exam there is other topics to take exam"

I don’t understand your English "Very Bas place"

I would like you to explain why you feel "That's it this is the only thing he does"

If you do not contact me and back up your comments then I will ask the moderators to take down your post as it is insulting and wrong.

Regards

Simon