Just IT recruitment

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Shinx2k6, Aug 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chuckliddell

chuckliddell Banned

ive checked reviews here:

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews87280.html

still a scam?

2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

You betcha

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. chuckliddell

chuckliddell Banned

should i pay for this and garauntee a job? i went there and thier office and the actual company seems very legit

4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Nobody can guarantee you a job except for the company that is going to hire you.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  6. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

I just tried searching for info on this company. Apart from their own website and certforums that was the only website that had anything about them.
    I obviously never read every review, but there isn't a bad one there I'd wager. Most of them are obviously artificial* and they make me so apoplectic with rage I sometimes even forget how to spell shill.

* no one writes like that in real life unless they have a top-notch dealer.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
    Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  7. Simon Perriton

Simon Perriton Bit Poster

My name is Simon Perriton and I am the founder and owner of Just IT Recruitment and Just IT Training. I have read a lot of people’s views on my company on this forum and I am concerned that things are getting confused about what we do.

I have spent 10 years of my life building a business that helps people reach their potential and I am proud of what my team do for the candidates we train and place into the IT industry.

Would someone like to call or visit me in Liverpool Street, London who has some interest in this area of training providers? Ideally it would be superb to get a couple of people who write regularly on the topic of training providers to come and meet with me in Liverpool Street and see how we operate. This will allow someone who is independent to comment about Just IT on this forum and we could be represented in a fair way.

Although we do many things right after 10 years of hard work, I know we have weaknesses. But when something is identified that we do badly we do our best to change it.

My contact number is 0207 426 9839 (direct) and my email is [email protected]. Meanwhile a couple of comments on the points that have been made on the forum;

1) "Sorry you got played by their sales reps"

We have reps (Training Consultants!) that I personally oversee and a career support team that interview candidates before they do a course. People have at least 2 meetings at Just IT before they do the programme and the sales programme has been reviewed by the Institute of IT Training.

2) "I have asked them when i went over how is it JOB GUARANTEED and he gave me this hole story boring me"

The web site shows what is guaranteed and its not a job. It's a money back job guarantee. We clearly can’t guarantee a job - see http://www.justit.co.uk/it_training/jobguarantee

The whole story is in the terms and conditions, which are downloadable - http://www.justit.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/jobguarantee.pdf
    Notice people have to be able to pass the exams, which is not easy if you are not inclined that way. About 60% of the candidates we train are graduates – who have a reasonable chance of passing the CCNA. The reality is that the vast majority of people get into IT before they have passed the CCNA and come back to train on this network qualification when they have a reasonable level of experience in the IT market. So the lesson to learn here is don’t rely on the money back job guarantee unless you are confident with the exams side – it’s all on the web site.
    3) "anyone else that might be tempted by these (just it, techworks etc)"

You can compare the companies - we work on different levels. Also visit us to see if we are cowboys.

4) "You have stated you 'paid £1695 for the low budget course. Unfortunately you get what you pay for these days"

This payment programme was the amount we used to charge for the network professional programme, up front on the pay as you earn option. This is when the candidate pays a smaller amount up front and the rest when they get a job. This is reassuring for some people. No job - no further payments. But the actual course is the same as the course where you pay the full fees up front. The budget option, is therefore no less a product than the other courses. It’s just that the payment plan is different. So we have renamed this payment option now to stop confusion.

5) "the only people who can promise you a job is the employeer. Perhaps "the job" is a with them - as a course advisor!"

The first part is correct, but the second is not. The job in an IT support job.

6) "They look as if they are going down the Skillstrain route (worse company I ever worked for!)"

Not whilst I own the company! This comment was from a person called 'Free advice'. Since you have worked in the industry of training providers I would love to meet with you and you can suss out our strengths and weaknesses. Call me if possible on 0207 4269839.

7) "this sounds abit like fraser mckenzie scam....."

Ahhh! We have nothing in common with this ex-company.
    8) "ive just got a week ago and the price seem to have increased"

The pay as you earn options now starts from £1995, so this has increased. But the amount you pay back when you get a job is now less. So over the entire course is now less expensive. We also now offer sponsorship options (subject to space being available) for certain candidates who can’t afford the fees upfront. They pay for the exams upfront, but if they can’t afford it (and depending on their background) we advance the programme of training, career and recruitment support and we obtain the fees once they get a job on a monthly basis. This refreshing option is not what many people would expect from a private training company and I am proud of it.

9) "ive checked reviews here: http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews87280.html still a scam?

We ask our candidates to go to review centre to comment on the course when they get a job. We are proud of this feedback, which means a lot to me personally as well as my staff. Visit us and talk to the candidates and the people that have done our programme and you can make an informed judgement.

8. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

nice timing lol

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)
  9. TheITCrowd

TheITCrowd Kilobyte Poster

Impressed that he came on here and invited people to check him out, makes a change to get both sides of a story. I came from a training provider back ground and it worked for me, but I was extremely lucky I guess. I have positive things to say about the one I used but also negative, but that works the same for the conservative party lol. The one thing I do disagree with on this thread is
    How rude, my company car is a Skoda, I used to have the same opinion in the Jasper Carrot days, but it's actually not that bad!

Certifications: Network + |CCNA |MCTS-70-680,MCTS-70-401, MCTS-70-656, MCTS-70-351 |HP AIS ProCurve Networking -2011 | HP2-896 |VCD-CP27|JNCIA |Hewlett Packard ASE - Network Infrastructure (2011)
    WIP: 642-813
  10. force1

force1 Bit Poster

well you gotta give credit to Simon for coming onto a forum and answering as many q's as he can. I’d probably do the same. Marketing a company that "guaranties" a job is always going to come under fire esp during these economic times.

What is your background simon??

Certifications: 70-647
    WIP: 70-640, 70-642, 70-643
  11. zet

zet Byte Poster

Interesting, I've come across JustIT before and I would like to thank them for helping me find this forum, not only that they helped me find this forum and allowed me to get certified without their need. Anyways, I'm currently job hunting and came across this:

"Recruiter Just IT Recruitment Ltd
    Location London, South East England
    Salary £18,000 - £22,000 per annum, inc benefits
    Sector IT & Telecoms - 1st Line Support/Helpdesk
    Job Type Permanent
    Date 01 Nov
    Applications 706
    Job ref no 19152945

You will be responsible for providing 1st line desktop support to over 1200 users within a leading FTSE 100 company. This will involve first class customer service and helping the team achieve a rapid turn around on all technical issues.

You will be a graduate with a minimum of a 2:2 in an IT related discipline with excellent communication skills and a strong drive to progress your IT career. In return you will receive first class training and a competitive salary in a dynamic and fast paced environment."

At first I had applied for it only to realise after that it was indeed justIT. So my question is, was this a real job posting? Or just a cleverly worded advertisement to get people to sign up for your 'first class training' with promises of a job after they have undertaken the training course?

Certifications: BSc, MSc, A+
  12. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Ouch. :hhhmmm

But however did you find out that it was actually JustIT that placed the advert?

:rolleyes:

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  13. Simon Perriton

I have run Just IT for 10 years and before was involved in a graduate recruitment company. Previous to that I have run an IT recycling business. I employ 25 people and turnover £3M with half my staff working in Just IT Training and half in Just IT Recruitment.

I was a founder member of the Institute of IT Training personal funded initiative (which sadly did not achieve all I wanted it to do).

I care about people reaching their potential (our candidates, my staff and myself) and my company growing by the recommendation from others.

Please feel free to call me on 0207 426 9839 or email [email protected] to chat further. I would be happy to answer any questions you have about me or my company.

Regards

Simon

14. Simon Perriton

A few thoughts;

1) I am glad you have gained the certifications you need. Congratulations! It would be interesting to hear how long it took you to gain the qualifications and which ones you have gained. At Just IT we pride ourselves in maximising the speed that people gain employment, with relevant certifications, great career support and a work placement leading to employment whenever possible. Self study can be good for some people, but for many it can be demotivating and lead to a longer process to gain a job. Since time is money this can be an expensive process for some people.

2) If you are applying for jobs there are lots of techniques you need to follow, but one is not to send your CV initially! Call the agency up, if you have the skills they are looking for, sell yourself into the role. In boxes get packed with hundreds of inappropriate CVs and your great and relavent CV may be lost amongst them. The career support side of my company shows candidates these skills.

3) We advertise jobs to get the right candidates for the roles that our clients are looking to recruit. We do find that many people apply for jobs and don’t have the skills that employers are looking for. If this is the case, but we think they have a relevant background to get into the IT industry, then we give them advice and this may involve promoting the advantages of the training programmes.

4) Just to confirm again it is not the promise of a job, but rather a job or your money back, subject to you passing the exams. If people feel concerned they are not going to get a job after the programme they should take the pay as you earn option, which means that the full cost of programme is not paid until after employment is gained. See http://www.justit.co.uk/it_training/funding for more information.

5) If you call me it would be good to catch up and I would be happy to give you further advice about what I would do now you have the certifications - after all its free advice again! Tel 0207 426 9839.

Regards

Simon Perriton

15. chuckliddell

chuckliddell Banned

so basically the job offered 18 - 22k is not a job.

just IT is scam.

16. Simon Perriton

Oh dear, these forums are difficult to put your point across on! It would be so much easier if we spoke on the phone, or if you met with me, or if you met with the other candidate’s or if you met with the employers my business works with, before making these sorts of negative comments.

I have tried to explain on the forum why my company is a great company to talk to and why we try to be professional in all that we do - money back job guarantee http://www.justit.co.uk/it_training/jobguarantee and pay as you earn options http://www.justit.co.uk/it_training/funding.

But I am aware that we are not perfect. Never the less over 10 years over 2000 people have come to know about the strengths and weaknesses of Just IT and I can tell you about less than 20 people who I would say were really unhappy with the service that we supplied.

Frankly I am proud of the profile of my company http://www.justit.co.uk/it_training/case-studies and so I find it difficult to keep quiet when I see comments like yours, which I feel are uninformed and certainly I don’t understand.

The Institute of IT Training, the employers, the candidates and many of the people who I have given free advice to over the years would have a different view from you. So please contact me and talk your views through and then come back to the forum and write a report that gives a fuller picture please.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Simon
    Tel 0207 4269839
    Email [email protected]

17. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Simon - If you've read any of my other posts you'll know I sit on the fence when it comes to training providers. I've used them myself, as have others here without any ill effects.

We are all well aware that there age good, bad and awful TPs out there - but I certainly don't subscribe to the 'all TPs are evil' campaign.

I appreciate you posting here to try to clear things up, and I'm impressed by what you say. If I was in your neck of the woods I'd take you up on your invitation, but I'm not. Maybe we should suggest it as the next forum GTG? :biggrin

The one thing that bothers me, is that you've completely dodged the last question.

A member has posted a job advertisement (which, to be fair, you've placed in your own company name). They have asked if this job actually existed, or, if it was just a hook to get people to apply - at which point they'd get a call from a 'training consultant' telling them they weren't yet qualified for, until they had done a course in X.

It's a yes or no answer really.

Don't get me wrong - if that is indeed how you do some of your marketing, that doesn't make you any better or any worse than any other recruitment agency. But as we're being open and honest here now, it would be nice to know.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  18. zet

zet Byte Poster

It was posted on reed, I didnt notice the 'just IT' logo at first but after applying it showed me the email address I could use to contact the advertiser aka just IT. I'll post up the link if proof is required :dry

Certifications: BSc, MSc, A+
  19. Simon Perriton

Sorry I did not mean to dodge it. One answer I gave previously was my attempt to give the information you need;

3) We advertise jobs to get the right candidates for the roles that our clients are looking to recruit. We do find that many people apply for jobs and don’t have the skills that employers are looking for. If this is the case, but we think they have a relevant background to get into the IT industry, then we give them advice and this may involve promoting the advantages of the training programmes.

So basically the recruitment company places candidates straight from the market into jobs from £18-70K and we advertise a lot of jobs out there. Have a look on itjobboard, reed, jobserve, monster, cwjobs and you will see Just IT Recruitment advertising a range of jobs. If we can fill the junior jobs from the candidates we are training we go via these web sites with advertising. When we go to the market people apply for jobs that do not have the relevant certifications, soft skills or commercial experience that they need to get an IT job. It is these people that the training company calls up and offer advice to. If they are coming across barriers in getting jobs we invite them to meet with us and sit in on the training and meet the recruitment team. If they like what they see they come back for a formal interview, which if they pass they can get on the programme. They may be sponsored candidates (no upfront payment) if they are strong or they may pay the full fees up front if they want.

I hope that makes sense. Thanks for your question. We run a free on line seminar (using We
    bex) to allow people to get advice about the training and job market and ask questions about my company’s services. If someone wants an invite to this then they can email me at [email protected]. Typically it is Monday at 6pm and Thursday at 6.30pm. Someone could come along to this and then write a report on certforums about what they thought of it.

Regards

Simon

20. Simon Perriton

It would be Just IT who would have posted this job. I hope the post above this one explains things.

Hopefully you will call me and I can give you some advice about what I feel your next step to get an IT job should be.

Regards

Simon