Just got my car back...

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Tinus1959, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

That mileage is nice and low considering how old it is. Should have plenty more miles in it. Don't suppose it's cheap to service though.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  2. Mathematix

Mathematix Megabyte Poster

I was joking about the Aston Martin, btw! :biggrin

Certifications: BSc(Hons) Comp Sci, BCS Award of Merit
    WIP: Not doing certs. Computer geek.
  3. Mathematix

Nah, pay doesn't suck in game dev, unless you are a tester or maybe a designer. Code is well paid!

4. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Git, I actually belived you. :) I saw a Vanquish S a couple of weeks ago. As soon as I saw it in my mirrors I turned my music off and opened my window. I almost creamed my pants (sorry a bit crude :) ) when I heard it's exhaust note, it sounded amazing.

Saw a Ferrari 430 a couple of days ago also. It sounded equally amazing. Sigh ...

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
  5. fortch

fortch Kilobyte Poster

'nuther American here, and guess what? I drive a truck -- 94 Chevy Silverado (350/5spd) with 150k. It's actually my second vehicle now, the daily driver is a 2000 Jeep GC Limited (4.7/Auto). Neither get great mpg, especially with my size 12 planted firmly on that long pedal all the way to the right. The wifey gets the newer car -- 2006 Jeep GC Limited (Hemi), and the gas gauge visibly and quite drastically decreases when I drive it. :twisted:

I sold my '69 Z/28 (355/T400/nitrous), but I miss it terribly... until I see the gas prices nowadays :blink

Certifications: A+,Net+,Sec+,MCSA:Sec,MCSE:Sec,mASE
  6. Mathematix

I see a lot of Aston Martins down my way (and I'm not joking this time!) - they do sound amazing.

Keep an eye out for the very rare Le Mans...

[​IMG]

Sounds amazing and is godlike amoungst cars. Only £250,000 second-hand, btw. :blink

7. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

Me to about swapping it for my BMW :biggrin

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  8. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Tip for you, don't complain about USA 'gas' prices on a largely UK forum, you'll be lynched. :)

I think once you add in conversions we are on about 10$ per gallon in the UK now ...

9. Wassup

Wassup Byte Poster

mine is a japanese import Mitsubishi Chariot 2.0 diesel turbo automatic.
    7 seats and climate control make it more of a bus than a sports car. Does just over 30mpg but I hardly use it now I can bring the works van home.
    I am one of the "white van man", and at work I am still trying to persuade my boss that if we get more vans for the other techs, can he order one in blue and one in red so that we could all then go off and have some kind of van version of the ITalian Job
    :)

10. fortch

fortch Kilobyte Poster

Haha! So true, Modey. Still, my point was just remembering an old friend.

However, how much has your gas prices changed in the past couple of years? Is it as drastic (or more) than in the US? Oh...wait. I just did a little research. Yeah, you win this one, sadly. Unfortunately, we all lose.

Certifications: A+,Net+,Sec+,MCSA:Sec,MCSE:Sec,mASE