Just a quick exam question

Discussion in 'Network+' started by mikey73, May 11, 2010.

1. mikey73

mikey73 Bit Poster

Hi Guys

I'm booked in to take my Network+ exam tomorrow and was just wondering if someone could confirm whether or not the exam is in the same format as the A+ (i.e. purely multi-choice) or are there sims like the CCNA exams for instance.

The CompTIA site says and I quote:

Number of questions: 100

Length of test: 90 minutes
    Passing score: 720 on a scale of 100-900

I recently got a look at the Sybex CompTIA Network+ Deluxe Study Guide. On the enclosed CD there is a Network Sim which can be installed, hence my question as to whether there are actual sim questions or not.

I'm not looking for types of questions or question content, just confirmation of the format.

Thanks in advance

Mikey

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

the questions are multple choice like the A+ however that does not mean you wont get a question like what cable is in this picture or something. Everyones exams are different as your questions are gathered from a large pool of questions so your may be completely different to the ones I had.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. mikey73

mikey73 Bit Poster

Thanks Bruce

I know that Cisco and Microsoft exams have sims in them. I just wanted to make sure that the Net+ didn't as I've done a huge amount of studying for this but I'm a little rusty on configuring routers and switches. So if there were sims that expected this sort of config I'd have to think about re-scheduling to make room for a bit more prep.

Cheers

Mikey

4. greenbrucelee

you wont have to configure routers for the network +

revise your IP classes and basic subnetting the rest should be straight forward if you have done the CCNA.

5. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Good Luck with the exam tomorrow!

:D

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  6. mikey73

mikey73 Bit Poster

Thanks

I've done a CCNA course but I've yet to take the exam. Once I get this one out of the way I'll be getting heavily into the CCNA books to prepare for that on.

I think I'm ok with IP and Subnetting so hopefully will be ok, but you can never have too much practice can you.

Cheers

7. greenbrucelee

Baware the CCNA certification wont do you much good unless you actually work with CISCO kit. The CCNA is a cert for people already in that filed just like the MCSA and MCSE are for people in those respective fields, they are not certs for people trying to get into IT.

8. mikey73

mikey73 Bit Poster

Bruce

Thank you for the advice. I'll just keep plugging away.

Cheers

9. greenbrucelee

good luck