Job searching

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Sparky, May 5, 2008.

1. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Yes, I’m officially on the job hunt now. Finally ran out of steam in my current job. :cry:

Anyways the first job I stumbled across asked for three years third line experience dealing with Windows Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2003. Well I have that so I fired off my CV so fingers crossed.

The wage? £40-45k!!! :eek:

Obviously I wont get it *but* I would love just to get an interview! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

You might! Good luck! :biggrin

3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Good luce dude :)

You never know so keeep positive.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Sparky, you're a bright guy and come across as a hard worker so please don't limit yourself:) as you are worth it.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  5. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Best of luck mate, if you dont try you'll never know :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  6. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Take it one step at a time.
    Try to get the interview, if it happens go for it. There’s no point of selling yourself short in thinking you’re not getting it, unless you really don’t have the necessary skills – but if that were the case, they wouldn’t have given you an interview. :D

7. Markyboyt

Markyboyt Kilobyte Poster

Good luck dude.
    At the end of the day you say you meet the criteria so maybe your worth the salary to them, maybe your last employers were tight with the old purse strings :lol:

WIP: A+
  8. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Sparky!

You're Sparky! You'll get it, cuz your a hardworking nut, who loves to get screwed over by the clients left right and centre and enjoy it too....

Good luck kid