Job salary

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by zxspectrum, Jul 12, 2011.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Would anyone have a vague idea of the salary for an assistant ICT technician??? Just been posted a job through uni, and it looks like something id like to do, all it says is salary is ACS grade???

Thanks

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. algorithm&blues

algorithm&blues Nibble Poster

It depends really. Job titles are often quite vague.

When you get titles like "assistant", I tend to find there's like one main technician/network manager and yourself. I don't know, would depend on the environment you were supporting? Anywhere from £15k to £28-30k

3. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I would have to assume from the 'ICT' bit that it's a school in which case it wouldn't be much I don't think. Would depend on hours though, but a full time ICT tech may only be able to fetch in the 14-18k range. If it's a university then the pay should be better. I don't know of many non education jobs where they would use ICT in the title as opposed to IT though.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  4. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

OK, ive got the job description here, could be a good move for me i think, though ive not got the experience etc

Job Title: Assistant ICT Technician Post Numbers:
    Responsible to: Intel Server Support Team Leader Scale: AGS Grade
    Overall Purpose of the Job: To provide ICT support to the Infrastructure

Principal Accountabilities:
    1. To assist with the installation and support of the Microsoft Infrastructure.
    2. To provide second line support and fault resolution.
    3. To provide documented technical solutions for users in an educational environment.
    4. To assist with the administration of supported systems.
    5. To assist in the completion of all relevant call\asset management records in the QSM Management System.
    6. To maintain relevant QSM\admin records at all times.
    7. To work on project work as required.
    Work environment:
    We work in a friendly and constructive atmosphere.
    We are highly focused on excellent customer service.
    Whether we play a large or small role, by working together we achieve our objectives.
    Our hours of business are 08.30-17.30 Mon-Fri.
    General Information:
    1. The above principal accountabilities are not exhaustive and may vary without changing the character of the job or level of responsibility.
    2. The Health and Safety at Work etc. Act, 1974 and other associated legislation places responsibilities for Health and Safety on all employees. Therefore it is the postholder’s responsibility to take reasonable care for Health and Safety and Welfare of him/herself and other employees in accordance with legislation.
    3. The above duties may involve having access to information of a confidential nature which may be covered by the Data Protection Act, and by Part 1 of Schedule 12A to the Local Government Act, 1972. Confidentiality must be maintained at all times
    4. Post will require the applicant to successfully pass an enhanced Criminal Record Bureau (CRB) check.
    5. Travelling between sites is essential so a driving license and car would be beneficial.

Sorry form the big post, i tried to upload but had probelms

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680