Job Problems

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by pvfcpeely, Dec 20, 2007.

1. pvfcpeely

pvfcpeely Bit Poster

Hi

Not sure what to do. Here's the situation.

Currently Helpdesk Support and 1st line support of company network being doing this for about 2 years, got told in jan im taking over the network as my boss is moving on. We have a new guy who sits doing just helpdesk and nothing to do with network who's trying to muscle me out. Also found out he's on more cash than me and it's me who shows willing and takes on the extra responsibility. Spoke to my boss about this and had nothing but negitavity and said it's all down to me. Next review not for quite a while.

So need some advise for a new job. Got MCP 70-290, HNC Business IT and 2+ years experience in a IT role.

Certifications: GNVQ Advanced IT & HNC Business IT
    WIP: MCSA
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Well if you're not happy with the current situation surrounding your job prospect speak to your manager again but with a cool head and then decide from there on. But remember the grass is not always greener on the other side.

Best wishes:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Vote with your feet! Stick your cv on www.jobsite.co.uk and you'll be out of there within weeks...there are loads of places that reward willingness etc!

Good luck with whatever you decide

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Yup, get your CV out there, plenty of jobs if you have a couple of years experiance 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs