Job Offer

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by kevicho, Sep 17, 2008.

1. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

I suppose that's one way of looking at it. I tend to treat others as I'd want to be treated myself.

2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Agreed. There's a time and a place for bending over.

Excuse my colourful metaphor.

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

And it involves lube and the Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs Officers. :twisted:

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  4. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Well currently im unemployed, but I have wages to last me a while, so I can take a little time over this decision.

Job 1 would like an answer today, Job 2 are going to let me know by tomorrow, so Im going to try to stall until monday, if they are unwilling to wait then fair enough,

Job1, and Job 2 are literally 2 streets away, so going in for a week and then leaving for personal reasons wouldnt be appropriate, and really I could be preventing someone who genuinely wanted the role from getting It, which would be the best case scenario for the business and that person.

Maybe they need that job more than me, who knows, anyways I have sent an email to my agency rep explaining the situation, also basically telling him id prefer job 2 anyways, which in all honesty is true, I get to use more of my current skills and will probably learn just as much and the wage bracket they are offering is similar to what im after, I will also get to travel and spend nights in hotels so that will be a cool thing as well.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  5. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Best of luck to you Kev. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed mate.

6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

^^ Exactly this. I know that if someone did that to me, particularly during the probationary period, that'd definitely burn a bridge. Considering IT is pretty tight-knit, you really don't want that sort of reputation.

Plus, an extremely short job stint really doesn't look good on a resume or CV.

If you don't really want the first job, don't take it. But if you DO really want it, commit to it, like you'd expect the company to commit to you. After all, what would you think if they were to hire you, then two weeks later, found someone better than you and told you to hit the road? Oh, but there should be no hard feelings towards the company, because you're in the probationary period, right? Ah... the sword cuts both ways...

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Best of luck

8. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Get me a job there ;) the novelty of travelling probably wears off after a while but I wish I had the oppurtunity. :cry:

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3