Job Interview

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by exonje, Oct 31, 2011.

1. exonje

exonje Byte Poster

Hi guys, after a little bit of advice. I have a job interview thursday for a small IT company based out of a shop. Now I've never been there before so i'm off up there tomorrow to find out exactly where it is so i'm not late on thursday. I was wondering if i should call in and introduce myself while locating the place or would that be wierd?

2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

I wouldn't. You could perhaps go in and look around tho, say nothing. Element of surprise ha ha. No don't be over keen I always think but its just my personal opinion. On the day it wouldn't hurt to say you came to the shop so that you knew how long it would take you. Shows you use your head a little

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Would have to agree. Also you may bump into someone else who is in for an interview which isn’t good!

As said when you get the standard “Did you find the place ok?” question just say you had a look the day before.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

I personally wouldn't even go in into the shop as you may indeed walk into the person who is interviewing you.

Scout the place out, I used Google Maps/Street View for my research, left that much earlier and arrived 1 hour before the interview.

A tea later (not wanting coffee breathe) and a small bite to eat and I went back 7minutes early.

General rule is to arrive early, but no more than 10 minutes early, makes the interviewer feel pressured to get down early. So, find some local shops or places to go if you are too early.

Good luck! 8)

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010
  5. Cunningfox

Cunningfox Byte Poster

Kudos for going to check it out first it shows initiative. Where we are based it can be tricky to find (so I've been told by numerous visitors and delivery drivers). We have an ongoing semi joke that the first interview test is finding the place and it is amazing how many turn up late or have to phone for directions.

On your scouting trip I would not go in and I certainly wouldn't introduce myself in this way. I would find it a little weird however well intentioned it is and maybe viewed as a little presumptuious.

Oh and good luck :).

Certifications: CCNP, CCNA, MCP
    WIP: ??
  6. exonje

exonje Byte Poster

thanks guys, looks like im not popping then! :oops:

7. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Good luck with the interview:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA