Job interview

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by fig_jam_uk, Aug 7, 2006.

1. fig_jam_uk

fig_jam_uk Bit Poster

Hey folks I havnt been on these forums for a bit now, because I kind of gave up, but good news I got me an interview for wednesday morning working for a company called AA computer repair centre as an onsite technician, If anyone can have a look at their website and tell me what you think www.acrc.co.uk any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Certifications: MCP win2k PRO
    WIP: ?
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

The website looks to me asthough they are a small computer shop, who have some business customers. Would I be correct in that assumption?

They look like a decent small business, lots of information about them being established since, involved with since, etc. which shows they have been around for a bit.

Good luck with the interview! :biggrin

3. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

I agree with that - some of the best experience is to be found working for smaller employers.

I did some consulting work for a pretty small outfit (only five of us) and really enjoyed it. The best part of it is you'll have days when you do nothing more taxing than upgrading RAM and fitting fans on servers - but the next day you may end up doing an AD install, or configuring a firewall.

It can often be stressful but, as long as you're willing to invest the time and effort in a small firm it can be extremely beneficial to your career to stay there for a couple of years.

Indeed, if it hadn't been for one particular client I would have stayed at the small place I was at much longer than I did. Unfortunately, this particular client was an absolute arsehole (but thats another story)

Good luck at the interview - don't sell yourself short and remember that most employers are far more interested in how well you'll get on with the other guys and whether you're going to be dedicated to the job than any amount of qualifications you may have8)

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em