Job Interview tomorrow

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by wizard, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

I meant that a warehouse job (whilst still being employment as such is a good thing... etc etc) is not going to be as beneficial as obtaining a more 'IT related' job offering - for instance that of a customer services representative. (Which is what wizard is now aiming to get, and the best of luck to you matey)

My point was - The skills that would be obtained through a customer services role would more than likely outweigh those gained in a warehouse job for the purpose of someone wanting to start out in IT

Possible skills gained through Customer Services - Interaction with customers, Increased confidence with problem solving, Computer-based role (office suite, windows xp etc), the fondness of sitting at a desk for long periods... you get the idea.

I'm sure potential employers would rather see 'Customer Services Rep' on their CV than 'Warehouse Job' when employing for an IT related role - don't you think?

:p

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  2. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

You don't necessarily have to put the warehouse job on your CV, you could explain the gap during the interview :)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  3. Qs

Of course. My attempt at humour got misunderstood is all.

The best of luck to you with the agency - let us know how it all goes. :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  4. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Sorry about that, my sense of humour is a little off lately, with only working 3 months during the whole of this year, it does get to you a bit :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  5. Qs

However it does mean that you get to spend more time with me spamming the forums.

:p

You'll find something matey. :) Agencies are usually pretty good for getting some sort of job, if it helps your IT 'thang' then even better.