Job interview Day tommorow

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Luddym, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Really sorry to hear that Luddy - that was a positive thread in the making there. Oh well, chin up and chest out :)

Erm, I think they will find that discrimination on grounds of age (even if they maintain they didn't) is illegal in the UK. I don't for a second expect or suggest you go back and challenge them, but that is just so not allowed !!! Shows you what a mockery some of the employment laws are (and that's from someone who has been directly involved recruiting for the last three months)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Unlucky mate, sounds like it could have been a good job based on the IT kit they were using.

On the other hand, stuff it! If they hire a guy with no major qualifications and experience they will crash and burn when something goes wrong! They will be crying into their tea in the staffroom thinking “why didn’t we hire the other guy!” :cry:

Ok, the last bit was just for fun but there will be more jobs and more opportunities in the future. :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Too old at 26 yikes :eek:

Sorry to hear that Ludd, I think they made a mistake there but that doesn't surprise me at all. Many teachers have no real world work experience, they have spent their entire lives in school. Hence their judgement may not be as well rounded as it should be and hence why they should be keep well away from the inside of anything electro-mechanical, copiers et al.

Kids being issued laptops, what the?

The only thing kids seem to learn at school about computers is how to download Limewire :wink:

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  4. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Sorry to hear about your bad luck mate. I wouldn't be surprised if another better job pops up unexpectedly soon though.:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  5. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

Cheers for the words of encouragment chaps. :)

Certifications: VCP,A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Christmas Drunkard