Job Hunting Websites

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by ade1982, Oct 15, 2012.

1. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

Please feel free to post Job Hunting websites suitable for IT people to look at and I will pin the list:

Try to keep it to a list only, for clarity and to keep the list to the point.

CertForums Job Search
    JobCentrePlus
    Monster
    TotalJobs
    CWJobs
    NHS Jobs
    Civil Service
    Reed.co.uk

More to follow

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

Job Serve

Found all 3 of my jobs on here.

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  3. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  4. Ross

Ross Bit Poster

Just a little typo ... It's NHS and not HNS also can you remove the " at the end of the link :) as it goes to page not found.

Certifications: I.T NVQ Levels 1 and 2, ECDL, A+, SDI, Senior SDI, ITIL, NVQ Management L3
    WIP: CompTIA N+
  5. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Fixed :)

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  6. madman045

madman045 Kilobyte Poster

As this is topic related, can anyone recommend any UK IT recruitment companies for IT Management positions? this is a request on behalf of a friend

Thanks
    Andy

Certifications: 70-270, 70-290, PRINCE2 Foundation, VCA-DCV & VCA-DT
    WIP: MCSA 2008, VCP5-DCV, ITIL V3
  7. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

It will be the same job sites, it's rare for IT Management roles to go to different sites usually, certainly if I go looking it would be Jobserve as my first port of call.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  8. MDCasey

MDCasey New Member

I particularly like Job Serv and the IT Job Board. The ones in the OP are good, but are pretty basic -- Monster.com and Total Jobs are definitely well-trafficked job boards, but they're not really specific to IT or certified pros. Just my two cents.

WIP: PMP
  9. HenryKnight

HenryKnight New Member

Ahum, slight case of disclosure here - as I work a lot in SEO, but one tip I'd offer job hunters is to go to the websites of companies you'd like to work for, scroll to the bottom of the page (usually) and check if they're advertising for new staff.

As I say, I spend an unhealthy amount of time looking at new websites and I've noticed more and more are now hosting their own recruitment ads.
    Another must do is get busy on LinkedIn. Just saying.

10. darui

darui New Member

upwork for example