job hunting...... best place to look?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by NZ Kris, Feb 9, 2011.

1. NZ Kris

NZ Kris Nibble Poster

Hi guys,

i've got my CV ready, and looking for my first IT Job.
    Just one quick question from those experienced in the search.Obviously i will look at job boards etc, but if anyone wishes to share what Job sites they find the best, or agencies that a particularly good.
    Please share your knowledge with me....

I'm based in london.

Cheers guys

Certifications: A+ 2009, Network+, MCDST, MCTS, MCSA
    WIP: MCSA
  2. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

jobsite.co.uk i find is fairly good, I've had a lot of contact from Agenicies mainly on there.

Another one is cwjobs.co.uk - mainly contracts, some permanent, but this is a dedicated IT jobs site

Good luck :thumbleft

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  3. Bri1981

Bri1981 Byte Poster

Certifications: See signature
    WIP: MBA entry diploma
  4. j1mgg

j1mgg Kilobyte Poster

I get alot of success from jobserve, also set up your searches to send you daily email on new job listed. Get a suit on and go round agencies and try to speak to some one. You may just get told to send your cv in or you may get 5mins to speak to someone that can then put a face to your cv(hopefully you have a good face).

As another member has done on here, call big businesses in your area and see if they are looking for anyone or at least get an HR or IT managers email address to send a cv to. Get a good covering letter sorted aswell, one for general "i am looking for work" and one you tailor to suit the needs of specific jobs you are looking for.

Certifications: Comptia A+, ITIL V3 Foundation, MCDST, 70-270, 70-290
    WIP: 70-291, security+ and SSCP
  5. zet

zet Byte Poster

jobsite / totaljobs and cwjobs worked great for me.

Certifications: BSc, MSc, A+
  6. reverb

reverb Byte Poster

Cwjobs for me as it's a IT only job site. I hate the colours on the site though lol :D