Job application

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by zxspectrum, May 10, 2011.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Ive seen a job going at the uni where i will graduate. The job is data management and user support and while it may not be exactly what i want, its a job, although theres no gaurantees that i would get it, it would be a start and also i have work experience at the place in the uni, so i can get refs etc. There is also the chance for career oppotuinuties??

Any ideas ??

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

If there's a job going that you could do - go for it!
    There's no other real course of action.

The fact that you have been a student there will help you compared to 'outsiders' and of course, it's easy for them to check your references against your tutor or lecturers.

It's a really good place to start.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

I agree with Jonny, sounds like a perfect start. Go for it, best of luck, Jim

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  4. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

I smell a "golden opportunity" here. Sounds ideal, you know the place and people the way it works there which is good for you and makes it just that bit easier for the recruiting staff member to get you in nice and quick.

Go Go GO!

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing