Job application

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by noelg24, Jul 9, 2004.

1. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

as sad as it may sound I sent my CV off to both PC World and the Computer Shop to see if for once I can finally get myself some more experience in the computer building that I have so loved to do. not sure I will get the PC World job as they were not officially advertising any vacancies but the Computer Shop are certainly looking for people who have had experience in computer building and repairing of PCs and yours truly is confident he can get it. the only problem is the shifts are only a max of 20hrs a week working 3 days out of 7 but im sure if I get an interview I can charm them into giving me a full time slot. so now I await a response either by post or by phone and will let you guys know the outcome...so here's hoping....

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  2. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Fingers crossed for you, GOOD LUCK.

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  3. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Good luck Waliu.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  4. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Thanks guys...

5. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Yea good luck m8, fingers crossed :D

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  6. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

All the best from me too, Waliu.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  7. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

Good luck, [​IMG]

8. robanpadd

robanpadd Bit Poster

Good luck, it's a foot in the door, and who knows where it may lead.

Certifications: ECDL, A+, N+
    WIP: MCSE 2003
  9. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

You might not get a full-time gig right away but anything you can do to add to your experience base is good. Sometimes a small job leads to big things. Good luck.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  10. Rosy
    Honorary Member

Rosy Megabyte Poster

Good luck! As Trip says - you may not get full-time but it will give you the vital experience on your CV to land something to do alongside or instead of this. Let us know what happens!

Certifications: MOS Master Instructor
  11. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Thanks guys...I'll keep you posted on what happens...

12. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Just so you guys know I told Lou about this and she thinks that cos its only part time hours I shouldnt take it. I want this job as it will give me more experience and thats the main reason I am doing it. I am not doing it for the money...and you guys all know this as most of you have been in that situation. so I would like to know what do u think about it? I know the hours are crap but I am going to see if I can get part time hours here at BT and if not well I will take the PC Tech job and just get a bar job or something like that....in the end I wont be phased out by the number of hours I am being restricted to. Do you guys think its a good idea to ring the Computer Shop and ask if they have received my CV and would like to ask me for an interview or should I just wait for the reply from them?

13. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

I'd ring them up just to confirm they received your cv. If they say thanks but no thanks then you can take the other position. These types of jobs have the possibility of getting more hours when you've got your foot in the door.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  14. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

thanks Nugg..i rang up and the guy there said he received a stack load so no doubt mine is in there somewhere...and lets hope if I do get it that I also get more hours...