I've only been gone a month and...

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by UCHEEKYMONKEY, Nov 18, 2007.

1. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Just taking a look at their website now Jobs in IT at Careerbuilder UK

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

http://www.jobserve.com/homepage.aspx

http://www.cwjobs.co.uk/?DCMP=A_SE_GOTSR_Generic_IT&WT.srch=1

http://www.itjobsnet.co.uk/

Theres a few :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

4. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

4 pages, i don't ever recall seeing an IT CV that long as most employers wont read most of it due to the amount of applicants.

grim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640
  5. mallet

mallet Kilobyte Poster

I drive a Toyota corolla 1.6 on a P reg plate. Its not a bad car at all. Just remember, within all corollas lies a mad badger waiting to burst out :biggrin Those cars will last a life time, mines done 95000 miles and it still pulls like a badger on steriods and all the electrics like the windows/sunroof still work. It need its timing belt done at the 100,000 marker and a servicing
    I really dont like taking the tube, rather drive to work if I could even if its corolla :(

Life wise, I managed to get a my First proper 1st Line support a few weeks ago in old Street. I always get admin IT jobs but not a full time 1st line support. The only problem with this and ther other IT jobs is its contracting and have no idea what the long term is :(

Hows the recovery doing?

Best of luck with the exams dude :thumbleft

Certifications: MCP
  6. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi UCM :biggrin

Been around a little less myself lately, so only just catching up with this. Sorry to hear of the rough time you've had, but here's hoping things are on the turn for you.

2008 could be your year :thumbleft

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  7. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Thanks for the Support Gav:thumbleft:rocks
    It means a lot to me:biggrin (and before FF appears on the spot tells me off for speaking my mind again :(-I mean that sincerely)8)

8. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

A lot of the Japanese cars really last. The wife and I bought a Mazda 626 new in 1989. We put over 200,000 miles on it before the wife ran it out of water due to a heater hose breaking and lunched the engine early in 2006. We couldn't find another engine so we finally had to junk the car. That thing was still getting the same mileage it did when it was new--38mpg on the highway--and still pulling the hills as well as it did on day one. It hadn't lost a bit of power. It's by far the best car I've ever owned.

We now have two Honda Accords. A 1991 and a 1999. Both have more than 200,000 miles on them. The 1991 needs some body work, but that's because my wife hit a deer with it. The 1999 is still almost like a new car. Out on the open highway I get 36-38mpg depending on how hard I drive it. The interior is still in really good shape, and the only problems with the exterior are a scratch on the trunk deck due to someone sliding a box across the deck, and a few rock chips in the paint on the nose of the car.

I would imagine the '99 will run for another 100,000 miles with the right maintenance.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1