I've only been gone a month and...

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by UCHEEKYMONKEY, Nov 18, 2007.

1. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

well lets just I am surprised how much the place has changed.

I thought I would create this thread to answer some the questions asked on another thread, rather than steal that members thread.8)

Anyway here goes:-

Why have not been around......

had a little accident on a motor bike, fell off hurt my arm, leg and head and well things are a bit hazy at the moment can't remember much!

Also been busy preparing to move into a new house, everything was set then it all fell through right at the last minute leaving me homeless.

I've been communting a lot as well going up to Reading to help out with some family problems after my Uncle died. Working long hours at work and weekends to get money for the deposit on a house and trying to catch up with life.

How about you GBL and Trip and BM and Cheeks and Wizard and Si what's been going on in your life and what have i missed on CF??

Also just wondering what everyones view is on Comptia N+ books is David Groth better than the MM books?

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I have applied for a few jobs but havent heard anything back yet.

re-reading books I have for the A+ aswell as trying to get the money together for the exams.

Had to get the head gasket fixed on my car which wasnt cheap and I am still working for a company where the management don't have a clue in what they are doing and won't listen to anyone but themselves.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

I am sorry to hear that mate, sounds like the management (at the place you work) have their heads so far shoved up their backsides they wouldn't see a good idea if they trip over it!

What car have you got GBL?

I have a Vauxhall astra 02 plate. I just parked up and was getting out to go to work when I decided to eject the cd. It kept on jumping on one of the tracks and it was the solarize album by Ian brown. Well it's a good job I didn't open the door as intended because at that exact moment a car cliped my wing mirror smashing the glass i was very lucky...god knows what would of happen if I had opened the door. Anyway the glass cost me £34 from the main dealer. :(8)

I fitted myself this weekend

4. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Lucky there Monkey with the card door incedent. Hope you are feeling better after the bike accident. I don't think I have heard that Ian Brown album yet, must get hold of that one, I really like his stuff.

As for the N+ from Groth. I didn't try that one as I borrowed the MS press book from WagnerK (Ken) which I found very good as a reference book when looking up topics or areas I felt I was weak on. I didn't try to read it from start to finish, but I have heard the Groth one is quite readable.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

I used the book by David Groth for the exam. Got me through it ok! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

Hope you ok again.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  7. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Thanks Tinus - things are getting better, the bruises are still there and seem to suffer from a nausea but I'm not sure if that's staying at a computer screen or from the accident?

How are you?

8. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Cheers sparky! I guess that one covers the 2005 objectives.

I was reading a thread on the Comptia N+ section that some members who recently took the N+ found the exam to state 2007.

I've had a good look in that section but can't find any updates for 2007 N+

9. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Cheers Modey The ian brown album is Solarized shown on amazon. track 10 is the one that is played a lot on TV adverts and BBC introductions.:biggrin

10. greenbrucelee

My cars a BMW 318i T reg. £670 for the head gasket and that was with a £300 quid discount of my brother.

The objectives for the N+ havent changed, they just started calling it N+ 2007 its still 2005 objectives.

11. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

I dont think the Network+ has been updated, just the A+.

Probably best to check on the compTIA website just to be sure though. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  12. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Hmm BMW nice car if had the money I would buy the M3. My mate let me drive his once and I was amazed by the speed of it!:biggrin

13. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

UCM - I didn't notice that you'd gone?? What's changed about CF since you left?

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  14. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

Well, if you had a concussion working on the screen might cause nausea.
    Very well, thank you. Working now on server 2008. Microsoft has a free download on a MS-press ebook on server 2008 and one on power shell.
    There should be a link on microsoft learning.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  15. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

LOL :p:biggrin Thanks drum Dude!

16. drum_dude

sorry not meant in a nasty way!!!

Glad you're ok though! Bike accidents are scary as hell!!!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
  17. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Everything's pretty much the same as it ever was with me. :)

Glad to hear that you're OK! Hope things are better soon, man!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  18. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

What's happened to me in the past month? Well, as you've already noticed, they made me an admin around this place (AJ lured me in with the promise of milk and cookies). :wink:

I guess the big news is that for the past couple of weeks, I've been working as a "contract-to-hire" Technical Writer for this writing documentation for the next version of this product. The details are super-duper secret, of course but I can tell you that it's *really* cool. :biggrin

This book has finally hit the stores and I'm trying to finish up writing this book.

All that and the Missus *still* has her "honey do" list waving in front of my face. :wink:

Glad to hear you're on the mend and I hope you feel better soon.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  19. greenbrucelee

Yep I would have M3 also, I have driven the old one which is 343bhp but havent driven the new one which is 420bhp. I have driven the M6 which is even faster that has 500+bhp.

20. drum_dude

M5 all the way - failing that an Audi RS/4 :)