ITV news

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by zxspectrum, Nov 15, 2010.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

DO any of you people watch this. I sometime think some of the stuff is far fetched at times, especially when lawrence mcginty comes on explaining something. The last time he came on he was waffling crap about something(cant remember what) and it was meantr to be an indepth report, which it wasnt it was proper rubbish and didnt really explain anything

http://www.itv.com/news/new-dialysis-machine27045/

Tonights topice was a home dialysis unit which can be done at home, and its meant to be first in europe, and he can even go on holiday. Well i can safely say ive been on home dialysis for nearly 3 years now, and if i want to, i can go abroad, all i have to do is give the company, Baxters a decent amount of notice, 24hrs isnt good enough. And i dont get charged for taking my machine over as its medical equipment, so its exempt under some ruling. Now the type of dialysis im on is peritoneal, and the type of dialysis the lad is on, is Heamo dialysis, which can also be done at home, but is often done in a hospital. Im going through the process of getting ready for the heamo dialysis, all i need is a person with me when im doing it, just in case anyting goes tits up.

Surely they must have time to research some of their stories, that has got to be one of the most ill informed story ive seen, think ill think twice before believeing anything they put on the telly again lol

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Nice to know - Thank You

3. billyr

billyr Kilobyte Poster

To be honest, I take anything I see on the news with a large pinch of salt. Especially if it appears on the BBC.
    To get a good balance you have to watch a few different channels. I think Channel 4 is probably my favourite at the moment. They lean a bit to the left but do at least make an attempt at impartiality, something the BBC gave up on long ago.

Certifications: CCNP, CCSI, MCSE W2k/W2k3, MCITP_SA
    WIP: Taking it easy for a while.
  4. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

I watch Al Jazeera. To be honest they're all pretty much as bad as each other. For getting to the point minus the gloss, Al Jazeera is top of the pile for me.

Print/Internet news is a recipe made up of The Guardian website, my GReader and Greed2 feeds and the Financial Times, The Observer and/or Guardian at the weekend if I fancy getting ink on my hands (which is astonishingly becoming more regular now for some reason).

...oh and a copy of Viz as a treat every now and again. :biggrin

Certifications: A+, MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: 70-680, S+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA