Its been a quiet morning

Discussion in 'Just for Laughs' started by skulkerboyo, Feb 7, 2008.

1. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

From an email I sent to a friend who accused me of having too much free time at work:rolleyes:

The beauty of IT support is that the only people that understand exactly what were doing are .. . . well us so everyone just leaves us alone. It can be stressful though. For example the guy I work with has acquired the nickname "The Pulsing vein" because of his constant rage at the stupidity of others.
    We've got our own corner of the building where no-one dares venture and the entrance to our corridor is guarded by Dragons who will only let you pass if you give the correct password in binary format. Occasionally one of the barbarians from HR or a heroic departmental director slays a dragon and breaks through in an attempt to ask an unsolicited question about their Blackberry. This gets quite annoying as dragons are expensive and the budget is stretched as it is with the new printers we've put in.
    Usually the unwanted interloper gets intercepted by Mandi or Angie. Harpies that do admin and basic helpdesk as well as the odd contracted slaying. But there are times that the interloper may get as far as me or my colleague. It’s at this point we have to repel them using incantations that to the mortal ear sound like random letters and numbers. This is the mythical language of Ghikh and is famed for reducing people to a snoring pile of sleep within minutes. So you see with all this I have very little time to surf the information superhighway or even allow my imagination a little freedom.

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  2. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Woah! I thought we were going X rated for a second then. :)

By the way, where you you get your dragons, the ones we have here don't work. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  3. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Lol, funny stuff.

I, unfortunately, dont have any dragons either, I have to fend for myself. :(

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Nah that would be the guy called the blue veiner :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Nice one, I think you're also going to have to get gun (or plasma) turrets to back your dragons up :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Ice cannons is the way to go Ken...

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  7. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

Well i was looking to order some portal guns. I can see the pub from my turret. If anyone makes it past the harpies one well aimed shot at the pub and another at the nearest wall. Voila escape:biggrin

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  8. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Well our dragon normally resides in teh admin reception answering the phone and sending post out. You can have her if you like, just need to keep her stocked with tea, coffee and cream cakes!

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  9. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Do these HR or a heroic departmental director have special powers to beat the dragons? Sounds like you need to upgrade your gatekeepers… :)

10. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Excellent, and repped!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!