ITIL V3 Foundation

Discussion in 'Service Management Frameworks' started by alexdc12, Feb 20, 2011.

1. alexdc12

alexdc12 Kilobyte Poster

Hi thinking of doing this course as a lot of the jobs im applying for are asking for it. it seems like a quick easy course correct me if im wrong. Which is the best book for this i've read through some posts on here and reviews on amazon but cant decide, i am reluctant to pay £46 for a book, let alone a book with 186 pages!
    Many thanks

Certifications: GNVQ Advanced IT, CompTIA A+, CompTIA N+, 70-680
    WIP: 70-685, ITIL v3 Foundation
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I'm not sure that I would generalise ITIL as easy, it was hard to keep my eyes open - but then again I self-studied. You can read about it here and here.

The book has been updated though, see here for the new version.

There are other Best Practice methodologies out there, like FITS and MOF. Last year I did a basic comparison on the 3 here :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. alexdc12

alexdc12 Kilobyte Poster

Bumped the price up a bit! lol
    as for the easy bit i said that as ive read people are passing it in 2 weeks e.t.c

cheers

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  4. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Took me about a month of a very reasonable study, plus my line manager is trying to make the service desk more ITIL compliant, so putting into practice helped, the working with the terms for a while helped.

I wouldnt say it was easy, and I think it would be unwise to go into any exam thinking that, Id echo Ken in fairness, you have to really keep motivating yourself with this one, id recommend the art of service offering, this too is on amazon, as out of some of the book, the CBT nuggets and the AOS version i think that was the most thorough.

As for the exam practice itself, if you google there are some site which offer free tests, and the ones I saw were not exam questions, but were good enough for me to pick up on a few weak points.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  5. alexdc12

alexdc12 Kilobyte Poster

im shuddering at paying 60 odd quid for a book! especially when i got my A+ all in one that is like a bible for 20 odd quid!

6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

The updated book I listed was only £16.07 :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  7. alexdc12

alexdc12 Kilobyte Poster

fair play! i thought it was the 2010 edition of the one by tim malone! 62 quid or sumthin like that!