IT projects

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by aushus, Jun 27, 2013.

1. aushus

aushus Kilobyte Poster

Hello Guys

Thought I would make this post because I have being doing alot of projects lately and I wanna know where I stand.

So how do someone judge if a project is small, med size or large.

The work I do is I set up adfs for single sign on and set up fim and synchronize client ad into the cloud. I also provide technical trainning and make powershell scripts.

I work with universitys mostly and colleges so I deal with large numbers of users cause they are students. So the work I do affects 1000s of people.

Now since I do specialize work the projects run for 50 to 100 hours and budget is £12000 and I do all of the work.

Sorry for the crap grammar and spelling I am sleepy

So are these projects small, medium or large level.

2. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

I would say a budget of £12,000 is a small project would go so far as to say that it is not even a project but it all depends on the size of the company.

Certifications: A few.
  3. FlashDangerpants

FlashDangerpants Byte Poster

The full project including domain and mailbox migration is fairly large. But the stage you are providing is kind of small. I'd describe it as an important part of a large project.

Certifications: MCITP Exchange 2010, MCSA Svr 2012
    WIP: Exchange 2013
  4. BigG

BigG Nibble Poster

It all depends on how you are going to measure it. The measure determins the "size" of a Project. Generally you measure a project by

Cost
    Cost Savings
    Time to implement / Time Saved
    Business Impact

A £12k project rated by Cost only is quite small. If the end result is a yearly £100k saving then you could argue it's a big project.

Not the answer you wanted, I'm sure, but it's one of those type of question with no correct answer

G

Certifications: BSc, Prince2 Practitioner, MCSA Win7, MCSA 2008
    WIP: Vmware, ITILv3 on the back burner
  5. aushus

aushus Kilobyte Poster

Thanks for the input guys.

yeah the budget is small cause the hours involved are 50 t0 100 and since Im a consultant who specializes in these stuff and know qhat im doing thats why it takes only 50 to 100 hours. The work I do are for large colleges and universities so the impact and cost saving is huge also in ny country the clients I implemented these projects have the largest infrastructure and there is a site for largest 100 infrastructure s in the country and sone of them put my project ad one of the key projects of thw year