it looks like you have been provoked by someone and...

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by kobem, Feb 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

You are mistaken by i do not care your words. This doesn't suit my personality, too much for a dude like me.
    you are not aware of the fact that you have been talking to a guy which you never meet around the world.
    Im not cruel, im not opportunist, money lover or do not have other bad characteristics. But, some of you seem
    to enjoy humiliating me over and over. i can not take it further.

You might be right for these certificates, however, especially for three days, i have been the unwanted
    guy in here. i do not deserve such a rude action.

One last word, you might not love my questions. But, my threads related to daily life? According to you,
    why had i started threads concerned with girls, alcohol...

Purpose : Not to be advertised as unwanted and to share my life with you.

Certifications: CCNA
  2. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

Well, forget about every other things. What about money? Assuming taking CCNA hard since you did not get a job also do not have much money. Unfortunately, economical situation is the most important part here. Because of these difficulties, im forced to ask questions on these forums.

3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

You don't have to have the A+ or Network+ certifications in order to get an entry-level IT job. Having those entry-level certifications just makes you look better than others who are applying for the same job.

So, get an entry-level IT job - or ANY job! - and earn enough money to get the certifications. Or, don't. It's your choice.

If you want to succeed, you'll do what you need to do to succeed - which is to do the things we've told you for four years. If you don't, you'll continue to have these same problems.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Kobem, nobody is trying to humiliate you or be rude to you.

What people are saying is that, given the questions that you are asking, you probably do not know all the things you should in order to be a CCNA, and have advised you to take a step back and start lower down.

That's not being rude, it's giving professional advice in response to things that you brought up.

It's clear what has happened. The situation in your country has given you the impression that you need some higher certs in order to get a decent job - and money is important to you. So you've gained one of these certs somehow and are refusing to take a step down as it makes you feel like you are going backwards.

It isn't going backwards, it's going back to where you should be. You need to understand that in IT you never stop learning - backwards or forwards, it doesn't matter. You can't jump the learning queue and then stop. No matter what certs you have, there is always going to be something you don't know - and there is no shame in that.

You claimed in another recent thread that you were a senior network tech. I'm assuming that all the questions you have been asking here over the last few years have been in an effort to keep your head above water. Just that in itself should be sounding warning bells that something is wrong.

If it helps, I've taken many a step backwards. I busted my balls to get my certifications many years ago. I did them too early in my career really. I wanted them at the time and worked hard for them. Then I got to the point where I realised that I had over-certified myself because I had felt that it was the way to get ahead. That is why I am superbly qualified to assure you that it isn't.

So, in a sentence, what people are trying to tell you is there to help you - not to insult you or humiliate you. Unfortunately after several years of refusing to listen, many people's patience has worn so thin that you aren't going to get an awful lot more help from a bunch of highly experienced and helpful people, which is a shame.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  5. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

Well, business doesn't progress exactly as you told, in my country. Another issue is i feel like i have sunk
    in dilemma. To be prepared for the CCNP exam(Most corporation doesn't know which type of guy they need to employ and requires much more than CCNA or they prepare advertisements involving CCNP to eliminate easily) or as an other option, i make a choice about going towards CCNA Security, Voice or Wireless.

Which one would you recommend for me?

6. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Network+

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  7. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

None of them.

You
    Are
    Still
    Not
    Listening

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  8. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Kobem why do you not listen? getting certifications like the CCNA and CCNP and thinking you will be a network engineer is like thinking you can be racing car driver just because you have passed your driving test.

If you really want to be a network engineer you need to get an entry level job and progress into a network engineer role. In order to get a networking job you need the basic fundamentals down in your head. Getting the Network+ certification will help you do this.

My friend Abazi who I mentioned above is working in a networking job in your country he has just passed the network+, he does not have the CCNA he got into networking by working for a large hotel and helping to fix the odd computer problem in the reception area. He got the A+ and found a job for some big corporation in Istanbul working as a junior technician, once he got the network+ which he only passed a few days ago he has now been given network duties such as managing shares, permissions and managing local users.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
    Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  9. BosonMichael

If business doesn't progress exactly as I said, then why are you having such a problem finding a job? You're having a problem finding a job because business DOES progress as I said.

You can disagree with me if you want. But if you don't take my advice, you're going to continue having problems.

See, Kobem, that's where you're not listening. Companies... will... not... hire... people... without... experience... to... administer... Cisco... routers. No matter how many certifications or degrees you have.

None of them. I'd recommend you get the A+, Network+, and MCTS certifications, like we've told you for years.

EDIT: Kobem... if you don't have money for Network+... how do you have the money for CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, or CCNA Wireless? See, your stories do not match. If you have money for one, you have money for the other. The simple truth is... you don't WANT to do the Network+. You haven't wanted to since you appeared on this forum.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  10. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Haven't you been listening for the past four years!?? Perhaps the reason you are not hearing us is a matter of volume. Lets try this:

NONE!

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  11. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

Before everything, i didn't explain that i was senior network tech. In academical career, my degree is known
    as senior engineer in other words master of science.

I had studied too much. I had noticed lots of gaps after my first CCNA course, Thats why i had taken
    second three years later in 2009. Soon, after a year, i hardly passed CCNA by 949 points OUT OF 1000.
    I mean, i stepped back once. But, my mind is now a lot more confused than that year.

12. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

please read my other post Kobem.

Do you want to be a network engineer?

If you do and this is the last time I going to say this you need to get an entry level job and work your way towards being a network engineer. Having the Network+ certification will help you get an entry level job the CCNA will not.

Are you saying you pass the first CCNA exam in 2006 but didn't pass the second one until 2009?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  13. BosonMichael

The problem is, you haven't stepped back yet. Studying twice for a certification you shouldn't yet be taking isn't what we mean by "stepping back". You should start at the beginning... not at the CCNA. The CCNA will not get you an IT job.

You will continue to be confused until you listen to what we have been telling you for years. Wipe clear all the things you THINK you know about IT and about getting an IT job. The path you are on is not the path into IT. And until you stop arguing and start listening, you will continue to struggle.

14. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

My honest opinion is that this guy is deliberately winding people up. I don't believe that he is putting quotes like the above as a serious question. I think he has done it to get a reaction on purpose. Kobem If you are for real (and I have my doubts) and you have any sense then you know from people's answers that doing a CCNP is pointless when you don't know the basics. If your not willing/can't learn from the ground up then I really think you need to rethink your choice of career path.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  15. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

You say that i do not and won't listen to you but, you really misunderstand some of my sentences. If you
    read carefully also patiently, you will realise that i said CCNA "course" not the exam.

Therefore, if i need to repeat it, my first CCNA course which only just consists of slideshow was in 2006
    and my second course(since the first wasted my time and there was no practical exercises.) which
    includes both exercises i mean making configurations over real routers and switches supported by terminal
    emulation applications such as secureCRT and hyperterminal, and theoretical learning in 2009.

16. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I think you need to read the inspiring story in this thread BM. It is in no way fishy at all, but I think the humble pie you will be eating could be! This guy took his CCNA, has no experience. Rang around a few companies, then a few days later walked into Network Engineers role. I expect his brand new company car will follow shortly ... :angel

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  17. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Yes but you clearly have also shown your level of knowledge is below that of what we would expect a CCNA certified person to have. You have to be honest with yourself and say you are clearly lacking the basics hence why I suggested the A+ and Network+ to fill those gaps in.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  18. BosonMichael

heehee! :biggrin

Be sure to have him pour you a beer on my behalf. ;)

19. BosonMichael

It doesn't matter whether you took a CCNA course, sat the CCNA exam, had dinner with a CCNA instructor, or wrote a CCNA book from scratch. The CCNA will not get you an IT job.

You need to start at the beginning. This is what I will continue to post to you until you understand what we are telling you.

20. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

i am tired of the discussion. Let me relax a little bit.