it looks like you have been provoked by someone and...

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by kobem, Feb 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

i told you the reasons why i bother you so much. In addition, explained you these weren't done deliberately
    by me. I have been over five years on this forum and am thinking about that i have learned from you
    so much. Perhaps, i can not contribute you much in these field but this definitely doesn't mean i do it
    knowingly or willing to behave like that.

however, i see the people almost all of you have been convinced in the bad way and stopped being helpful. Of course, you do not have to assist me but if i really need it, do not you feel yourself guilty?

One more thing, why i wander around on this forum? because i found people here reliable. Another reason is that our
    websites regarding these fields seem inadequate especially in terms of knowledge.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
    Certifications: CCNA
  2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

It's nothing personal, Kobem - and I apologise if at times I may have seemed rude.
    It's not you as a person, but sometimes the threads that you create can cause some reactions that can get out of hand...

If I had to say what I find frustrating is that you never contribute to anyone else's threads or try to help anyone else out. You post a question, have a bit of a squabble about the answers you get, then vanish until you re-appear soon after with a new question.

I know there is nothing in the rules that say you can't do this, and it doesn't make you a bad person - but some people will find it irritating.

So, appologies from me - I haven't behaved in the spirit of this forum myself recently.

Peace... :biggrin

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I agree with Johnny
    however if there were rules about that, forums would not exist, most of the membership base fits this mold

Kobem, I know I don't speak for everyone, but as someone who can usually decipher your messages pretty well, I must say that I do not generally have a problem with your questions, or the tone in which you ask them. you must understand however, that not being a native English speaker puts you at a bit of a disadvantage, you don't always get the light jokes, or the common British sarcasm present here, and that's not to say you must get it to be here, but you must understand that not everything everyone says is literal, and not everyone is out to insult you

personally I hope you can get past the crap everyone gives you and stick around

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  4. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

im grateful to you for your this peaceful, friendly and uniting message. Thank you.

5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I don't have any problem with Kobem not contributing or helping others out. Plenty of people come on the forum for advice and don't contribute anything. What I find disturbing is how Kobem handles the advice that people give him. In the past, when he's asked for advice, forum members give him advice, and he then disputes it or, more often, doesn't respond at all. Fair enough - advice is meant to be accepted or rejected at each individual's discretion. However, the problem is what happens afterwards: Kobem again asks a question that would have been solved had he taken the advice he was originally given. I think this is where most people have problems with Kobem, because after he does this over and over and over again, people start believing that he's doing it deliberately to get a negative reaction.

Just my opinion.

EDIT: For the record, I don't think Kobem is doing it deliberately to get a negative reaction. My opinion is that he doesn't understand why we give him the advice we do, so he doesn't follow it... and then he doesn't understand why he can't grasp certain topics (or why real-world isn't like lab environments, or why he can't get a job, and so on). But you would think that after four years, he would figure out that the reason he has the problems he does might possibly be because he didn't follow the advice he was given... :blink

Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
    Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Kobem I personally haven't really posted on one of your threads but have read a fair few and I do think some of the feedback is unfair but what I don't understand is you have a CCNA and really some of the stuff you ask for a CCNA certified person you really should know. Don't take this as a negative but I would say you need to get back to basics and fill some gaps in your knowledge (like we all do in IT) and maybe do the A+/Network+ cert as I think this would really help you in the long run.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  7. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

After quickly reading through his threads, I'd say don't take it personally Kobem. It's the culture difference. :D

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  8. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

pish and tosh. I have a problem with Kobem, and language barrier or culture difference makes not a jot of difference to it. Hell, I'm studying the language and learning the culture of a nation so far removed from my own it's mind-boggling. The differences in culture between us and Turkey are nothing by comparison.

The issue is the constant asking of the same questions over and over again. Ignoring the advice of others (or outright arguing against it for, from what I can see, no apparent reason). Asking questions that he should clearly know the answer too, since he assures us that he has passed the CCNA - questions that even I, who am no network tech, have a rudimentary (and I mean rudimentary) grasp of.

The lack of contribution, although annoying, isnt a particularly big issue. After all, as has already been said plenty of people come here for exactly that purpose. Whilst I'd like them to contribute back in, I cant get worked up over it.

But what really gets my goat. What really takes the biscuit, is the constant need to start pity parties for himself here. Even this damn thread is another attempt at a pity party. "Oh woe is me, im being picked on by people who have had enough of me!". If he constrained himself to asking technical questions it wouldnt be a problem. Or, if he joined the community properly and contributed, started light-hearted threads, etc - even that would make it fine. After all, we've all thrown ourselves pity parties on the forum from time to time. Not a one of us, however, has done it half as much as Kobem. Hell even if you read the technical threads he starts, there are elements of pity parties in there.

I wont even touch on the apparent xenophobia that runs through some of his threads, save to say that it has been noted.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  9. 1/4

1/4 Byte Poster

I'm sure i'm not the only forum whore here who has been on and off various boards for over ten years now and in each and every case threads like this that run away into a witch hunt/banning/get rid of the annoying guy type affair always lowers the quality of the board at large.

If people actually can't bear to read certain people's threads - just ignore them.

Certifications: A+, N+
    WIP: 70-680
  10. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

i agree with 1/4 , just ignore me. :biggrin

By doing that, you will gain huge reputation on the way of being evil.

11. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Totally agree with Fergal's post.

sigh :rolleyes:

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  12. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

Times like this I wish we still done Member of the month :twisted:

Certifications: A few.
  13. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

Not in the slightest

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)
  14. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

shall i be convinced?

15. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

I think this thread should be closed as it serves no purpose to the forum and it's only going to get people wound up. Kobem I just don't see your reason for starting this thread other than getting a reaction. Certforums is one of the friendliest forums around and people are always willing to help but some of your questions I can see why they rub people the wrong way. You are meant to be CCNA certified and yet you ask questions that clearly a CCNA should know.

I think you should cut out these threads and other stupid ones that you have posted in the past (holding hands with a girl springs to mind) and keep your posts on topic and stop posting things you clearly know are going to get a reaction like this thread. If you have gapping holes in your knowledge then go back to basics and do your A+/Network+ and this will help yourself in the long run.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  16. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

:thumbleft michael

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  17. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

i won't suggest you consider in the bad way. Furthermore, i am not in the mood to expect you be merciful to me. I repeat even though im not a police warning the criminal, "There is no Network+ course/education academy in my country". Nevertheless, i examined N+ chapters a little bit, its level is considered below of CCNA and contains subjects i had learned along CCNA education.

18. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Kobem you do not have to attend a school or college to get most IT certifications you can just get the books and study on your own then take the tests.

Secondly you are not understanding what anyone is saying, so I will try again. If you want to be a network engineer you have to work your way towards that by starting at the bottom. Getting the A+ and N+ will help you do this.

You asked how Sparky became a network manager after 9 months of being on a help desk. Because he started at the bottom and progressed. Please try and understand.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  19. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

The Network+ is universal. If there's a testing centre, there's a Network+ cert. A Network+ study guide costs £20 from Amazon. In fact - somewhat maddeningly - it seems as if you already HAVE a Network+ mstudy guide!

And you STILL aren't getting it. Last word from me - to you - ever.

The fact that the material is below CCNA level is exactly the reason you SHOULD learn and pass the Network+ exam BEFORE the CCNA. Employers will not take you seriously with your level of understanding of networking and a CCNA. If you had done like we suggested three years ago, you would already have been Network+ certified and have 2 years' experience under your belt. in fact, right about now would be the time you should be thinking of taking your CCNA legitimately instead of braindumping it.

I'm not sorry you're upset. You have been given the same advice anyone else would if they came to this forum. The problem with you is that you have been given that same advice on dozens of occasions, by lots of different members, over a period of more than three years, yet completely and utterly disregarded it. And you wonder why people take the p*** out of you?

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  20. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

As GBL stated, you don't need a course. You need a book.

Yes, the level of the Network+ IS considered below the CCNA. Yes, it contains subjects that you learned in your CCNA course. However, it also includes things you DIDN'T learn in your CCNA course, and things that you currently don't understand yet today. And that's what we've been trying to tell you - you need to start out at a lower level.

Sadly, you think you already know how to get into IT. Your belief is that the CCNA and a degree will get you a senior engineer job. I will tell you the same thing that many of us have told you for four years: that is not the way to get into IT. The fact that you are STILL unable to get into IT after four years should prove to you that we are right.

Again, had you taken our advice four years ago instead of arguing with us, you would probably BE working with Cisco gear in a real job by now. Yet you still argue.

Get the A+, get the Network+, and get an entry-level IT job (which won't be working with servers and routers). Start building experience so you CAN be working with Cisco gear in another few years. Otherwise, you're going to keep having the same problems you've been having.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!