IT job demand increase or decrease?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by rabmerab, Mar 21, 2010.

1. rabmerab

rabmerab Bit Poster

Hello boys and girls,

May be some one asked this question before but in case, I think it will be an update opinion.
    Certainly it is costly and hard work to train to become an IT professional. There is no doubt that most of us want to do it because they like the technology and the every day update of your knowledge.
    But at the end of the day, the last goal is to get a job which allowed you to put food on the table for your family and have a comfortable life style.
    I am just wondering at this period of time will all this recession and this company going bust, is there increase demand for IT professional or decrease?
    You get worried when you hear in the media about a waiter job get 500 applicants.
    I will be happy to hear your opinion.

2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

TBH its always swings and roundabouts, there are positions that need filling and then there are those that get closed.

It really depends what you're doing and whether it's niche or not.

I have heard talk of over 1000 for some positions so you need to be strong with your CV.

In all honesty I really wouldn't suggest that people try and get into IT at the moment, sure get some experience under your belt by working for a charity\church or something but really don't try it for a mainstream job because there are more experienced and out of work out there than jobs going.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

I read a article funny enough this morning about 4 jobs advertised in the police force last year that had 200,000 applicants between them.

IT demand is slowly returning i cant tell you the source (NDA) all i can say is the figures do show this. As stated the problem is there are many experienced people looking to get back into work, not to say luck cant play apart.

I agree apply but don't give up a job without getting the new one first. However, i would use the time to get experience via various means.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
    Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots