IT Contracting in Australia

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Apoc220, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Apoc220

Apoc220 Byte Poster

Hey all,

I'm heading to Australia next month on a working holiday visa and want to know if anyone here is there and has a good idea of what the contracting situation looks like. My current position has me doing a jack of all trades role (remote support to field users, backups, deskside support, user account administration, and server administration) and I would like to do something that ideally has me doing at the very least some deskside support. I would be willing to go back to helpdesk if it meant me having stable income. My only thing is that since I'll be on the working holiday visa I'm limited to six months per employer. It has been suggested that I will realistically be looking at contract/temp gigs initially. This will be the norm until I get residency or an employer decides to sponsor me. I'm going to be initially in Hobart, Tasmania, but know that realistically there are more opportunities available in the mainland. Anyway, if anyone has any comments or suggestions on my situation please let me know. I'm all ears. :twisted:

Certifications: MCDST
    WIP: 70-680