IT Company names?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by nugget, Feb 20, 2006.

1. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

I'm looking to join the M$ partner program so I can get the action pack. To those of you that already have this, what did you put as your 'Company Name' ? M$ will use this for marketing purposes and I take it they will also send the software to this name too, did you just make it up or do you have real company names (personal businesses) i.e. not the place where you work?

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  2. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I haven't registered, but had a personal business, which I've always used for this kind of thing. Any business name normally suffices; if you have a friend that's self employed, see if they will allow you to use their name.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Just make it up.
    For the Registered Memeber level you don't need to prove anything. The registration process simply asks you what kind of business you are and a few other details. You don't need anything formal like a VAT number or an entry at Companies House.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

I used my full name as my business name. A lot of people do it that way.

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  5. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Hi guys,

Does anyone have a link for the this? id like to see what its all about and what benefits you get by being in it.

Thanks....

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  6. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD