it certification training institute

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by ns gill, Jun 23, 2012.

1. ns gill

ns gill New Member

hello everyone

Could you help to find a good institute which can provide good training for MCITP certification ?

is there anybody who knows anything about 360gsp college for certifications ?

i shall be very thankful for your help

2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

I did my VCP 4 with 360GSP and thought they were very good. Have a chat with Angel on Monday.

One thing I do have to advise tho is that unless you're going into this with some experience you will want to hold off on certification. The MCITP isn't an entry level certification and is aimed at individuals with 12+ months experience in that technology.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. ns gill

ns gill New Member

thank you simonD .

I went there on saturday to know more . they explained me about their gold packages which includes MCITP, CCNA and VCP, which will cost around £7500, huge amount for me.

and this package comes with a job guarantee between £23000 to £25000.

what would you advise me on this ? do you any other institute where i can have hands on training ?

I have good experience in windows basics.

thanks again

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  4. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Again all I can say is that the certification vendors expect you to have a certain number of years of experience, listen I like Sher (the owner) and I respect what he's doing but exams like the VCP and the MCITP aren't for people just coming into IT (even with good experience in Windows basics), those exams (and I excluded the CCNA because I am no where near current with that these days so won't comment) are designed to show your peers and employers that you're an experienced engineer, obviously you're not (and I am sorry to say that but you aren't), with you taking these exams you de-value them and make it harder for those who are experienced and know what they're doing because employers start to de-value the worth of the exams (they remember interviewing crap candidates and think that the MCITP isn't worth the paper it's written on).

One of the things you haven't talked about is what kind of area in IT you want to work, the three courses you mention whilst having a little overlap generally are different areas, the VCP is the one with the most overlap of the three different exams but a VCP is expected to already be an experienced server admin and have experience not just in Windows but also other OS's (Linux, Unix etc). So until you have decided what area you want to go into I think that you're wasting your time with these courses (I mean with all my experience I wouldn't consider taking all three sets of courses in 1 year because there is just too much information to take in).

If I were in your shoes and looking for a way into IT I would look at the CompTIA A+ and N+ exams as well as the Microsoft MTA's, use those as a way into the door, work for a couple of years getting better experience and then look at where you want to be, is it Microsoft, Cisco or Virtualisation, leave the more strenuous exams until you have the experience to back it up because if you don't then you're only really going to harm your chances at work (no one in their right mind hires an engineer with no real world experience and lets them loose in their environment because they are un-tested and 'could' bring the entire infrastructure down).

Speak to Angel on Monday and ask if they do any CompTIA or Microsoft MTA courses and go down that route, not the MCITP\CCNA\VCP route.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  5. ns gill

ns gill New Member

thank you simonD for spending time to write this for me
    i really appreciate your advise
    thank you

yes they have compTIA courses, i ll ask them for this