IT Certification Roadmap

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Rob1234, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

Might be useful for some people, obviously not perfect but one of the better ones I have seen:

https://certification.comptia.org/d...lefiles/it-certification-roadmap.pdf?sfvrsn=2

Certifications: A few.
    Juelz likes this.
  2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Its got some weird certification paths there, no VCAP, VCDX under the Network and Cloud Banner but VCP under the Storage and Data, throw in the VCA for WM (Workforce Mobility) in the Intermediate section and it just get's more confusing.

Then looking at
    ADVANCED VCIE: VMware Certified Implementation Expert

EXPERT VCDE: VMWare Certified Design Expert

And it's clear that CompTIA simply don't have a clue.

Advanced is VCAP and VCIX, Expert is VCDX, come on CompTIA get a grip.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Thanks for this has come in handy, I'm so out of practice with exams, I was thinking of doing the CompTIA F0-U51 tbh for warm up, from looking at the questions though pretty sure I'd do it in a week or two of studying, and that would be skimming the book most likely.